Upgrade failed to open database, endless loop [moved to email; fixed ACL on Data folder]

Options
RobKosinski
RobKosinski
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I'm on Mavericks 10.9.4 brand new MacPro. Just upgraded from 1Password 3.8.22 to 4.8.1. When I launch 4 I get this error and no matter WHAT I click I get stuck in and endless loop of these 2 dialog boxes.

And NOTHING I do stops it except a hard restart. I am frustrated beyond believe because this should be easier no?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Comments

• RobKosinski
    RobKosinski
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, wrong forum could someone please move this to Mac OS?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Done as you requested.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

My inclination would be to re-download and re-install 1P4, and then re-boot, as a first step.

Stephen

• RobKosinski
    RobKosinski
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I did it. Same problem. I don't understand what iPassword 4 is looking for on initial launch. Shouldn't it just open and allow me to start fresh or import an export from 1P3?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @RobKosinski,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• RobKosinski
    RobKosinski
    Community Member
    Options

The diagnostic tool doesn't work. It won't let me drag the report anywhere. The free + sign doesn't show up or anything. Nothing happens at all.

Repaired permissions on drive. Same

• RobKosinski
    RobKosinski
    Community Member
    Options

I meant the GREEN plus sign

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RobKosinski,

Sorry you're having trouble with generating and mailing the Diagnostics Report. Please send us email without the report, including a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. Then we'll continue the discussion through email with help for getting 1Password 4 working properly on your new Mac Pro. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Your email arrived, @RobKosinski -- thanks for sending that! We'll be following up with you through email as soon as possible.

One more thought here: have you tried restarting your Mac since the original problem started and/or after being unable to drag the Diagnostics Report from 1Password Utility?

internal reference number: IBJ-17811-211

This discussion has been closed.