Uncooperative websites: Plex and Westjet [known issue with WestJet site; bug filed]

Options
Bunyak
Bunyak
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I browsed the support forum but I couldn't identify the best way to report websites that do not want to cooperate with 1Password. I cannot use 1Password 4.4.1 to log in to the Westjet.com website and Plex (https://plex.tv/users/sign_in). The WestJet website does not fill the password and the Plex website does not seem to fill in the username.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Bunyak,

Could you please try saving a new login manually for those sites and see if that helps:

Saving a new Login manually

If that doesn't fix it, please let me know and we can investigate further. :)

• Bunyak
    Bunyak
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the guidance. 1Password logs me in to Plex now. 1Password still will not enter my password on the WestJet website, even after I created a completely new login through the manual process. I hope that someone there has a WestJet website account and can advise further.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @Bunyak,

Glad to hear you've now get a working Login for Plex, thanks to @JasperP‌'s suggestion. :)

I've confirmed a problem with filling the Password field on this WestJet signin page: https://profile.westjet.com/guest/signIn.shtml. As a workaround, try filling a second time after opening the page and filling once. Please let me know if that helps. I've filed a bug report; thanks for bringing it to our attention.

internal reference number: OPX-559

• Bunyak
    Bunyak
    Community Member
    Options

With respect to the advice in post #4, I am unable to automatically fill the WestJet password on a second attempt. I am using the newest version of Safari.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Bunyak,

Here's a video clip of what happens with the first fill on the https://profile.westjet.com/guest/signIn.shtml page using a sample item created with steps for saving a new Login manually:

My WestJet account - Sign in (video clip)

Notice how input focus ends up in the empty Password field, which does populate by pressing Command-\ (⌘\) immediately after that to fill again (not shown in video).

Can you describe how it's (mis)behaving for you?

• Bunyak
    Bunyak
    Community Member
    Options

SJK,

My experience is exactly the same as yours. If I press ⌘\ twice in quick succession when the WestJet login page is up, I can successfully log on to the website. Otherwise, the password field remains blank. Thanks for the prompt service!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help a bit, @Bunyak, even if only with a workaround for this WestJet filling problem right now instead of a solution. All the information is in the bug report and hopefully our developers can get that fixed for you!

This discussion has been closed.