Cannot access keychain on DropBox [moved to email]

Options
gregwoods
gregwoods
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hello,

I am new to this forum - I hope you can help me.

I have used 1password for many years and now - a big fan! I use dropbox to store my keychain and this has allowed me access from my various devices: both iOS desktop and mobile and Android. I have started a new job where the proxy permissions are incredibly strict. Basically, I now cannot sync to my keychain residing on dropbox anymore. I know I can view 1password via dropbox via a web browser interface but this is only viewing. Of course, this is pants as I cannot edit my 1password data - adding, amending, deleting etc - all the things I need to do on an ongoing basis.

Do I move my keychain from Dropbox now? I'm pretty sure they will not adjust the proxy settings for little me (huge company). Is hosting google drive a possibility - funnily enough I can access this? Maybe I can hold the keychain on my mobile phone and then sync to the desktop I'm in front of via this. Any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hello Greg ( @gregwoods ). Thanks for your many years as a big fan of 1Password, and welcome to the forum! :)

Sorry to hear about proxy restrictions inhibiting Dropbox syncing of your 1Password data at work. Which version(s) of 1Password, if any, are you currently using there and do they have any 1Password data that you want to be synced?

Do I move my keychain from Dropbox now?

For the moment it's probably best to leave it there.

Is hosting google drive a possibility - funnily enough I can access this?

It may be possible to configure Folder Sync in 1Password for Mac to use Google Drive, although syncing with Google Drive currently isn't supported with 1Password for iOS and Android.

Maybe I can hold the keychain on my mobile phone and then sync to the desktop I'm in front of via this.

Do you have an iPhone running 1Password for iOS and would your network at work allow Wi-Fi Sync to be used?

We'd like to continue discussion of your options for this directly through email. Can you drop a note, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com? If you'd prefer, you can also include answers to the earlier questions instead of responding here. Either way, we'll be happy to help you get this sorted out. :)

Thanks in advance!

ref: MWB-12539-534

This discussion has been closed.