1Password Sync Problem Detected Update preferences - My solution

Options
Valentin
Valentin
Community Member

If you ever come across this error message then it means that you Mac stops syncing. It has never happened on any of my iOS devices.

Today it happened again. Out of the blue, after months of peace. Initially I followed the advice given by the support team, meaning to remove the databases on all my iOS devices, then reactivate the iCloud syncing on my Mac. It doesn't work for me.

Here is what works for me: Please check what is your email address for iCloud services. Let's say it's first.last@icloud.com. Go to your address book locate your own card (Card -> Go to my card). Make sure that first.last@icloud.com is assigned to your own card.

Then critically, check that no other card contains first.last@icloud.com in any of your address books. Remove it in every card except in your own card.

To be honest, I don't know exactly if you have to have your iCloud address in your own card or not. But I do know that every time I have this problem, it's because my iCloud address appears in more than one contact.

I hope this helps some of you.

Best regards

Valentin.

Comments

• Matthew Montgomery
    Matthew Montgomery
    Community Member
    Options

You are a life saver. I've been working on this issue for the past 2 days without success till I found your post. I don't know how you figured out this solution but I am glad you did! It worked for me as well.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Valentin,

I've already replied to your post here, but I just wanted to update this thread as well. We very much appreciate you sharing this information.

I'm curious to see if any other users find this helpful - the location of your iCloud email address in Contacts shouldn't really have an effect on 1Password's ability to sync. In any case, we're keeping an eye on things - if there is a bug here, we'll do our best to track it down!

ref: CSI-9

This discussion has been closed.