1PW Autofill not working even with correct information

Options
malt66
malt66
Community Member

I am trying to save a log in for the following site, and even when I manually create the 1PW entry with the correct information, logging in via 1PW always fails. Beyond manually recreating the item, I have verified that the name and password are correct.

The website is for business students at the university of chicago:
http://boothportal.chicagobooth.edu/portal/server.pt/user/guest/2

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @malt66‌,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting a working Login item for this site. Did you manually create a new one using steps in this article?

Saving a new Login manually

Please try clicking the Log In link at the top center of the page:

… and see if 1Password will successfully fill and let you log in from that page:

If not, try at least temporarily disabling auto-submit, then check if you're able to log in after filling and manually submitting.

And if you're still stuck after that, let us know which web browser and version of the 1Password extension you're using so we can investigate further. Thanks!

• malt66
    malt66
    Community Member
    Options

It appears to work from the dedicated login page (with auto submit), but still not from the main landing page. I am using Safari 7.0.5, extension 4.2.3.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @malt66,

I'm glad you could get 1Password working on the dedicate login page, even with auto-submit enabled. Can you describe exactly how you're using 1Password with the main landing page and how it's failing? For instance, are you using Go & Fill (aka open and fill) or just Fill Login after the page is open?

Here's something to try:

• Make sure the 1Password browser extension has been updated to version 4.2.4 (or later).
    • Open the main 1Password application and create a new Login item to use with this site (⌘N).
    • Give it a differentiating title, e.g. Chicago Booth Tester
    • Enter your username and password for the site. For the website field use: boothportal.chicagobooth.edu
    • Save this new Login item, which will look something like this:

Give that a test on the main page and let me know how that works for you -- thanks! :)

• malt66
    malt66
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that and it worked! Was there something included in the extension update, or was I just doing something wrong when I tried to manually create it before?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hooray, @malt66. I'm delighted that worked for you! :)

Sometimes saving a new Login manually with 1Password mini adds additional information to the item that ends up interfering rather than helping with filling/submitting on certain pages. In those cases a simpler item created in the main application may be more effective, but can also be too simple on certain pages. It's usually preferable to try that first method of saving first since it'll have an overall higher rate of success.

You did nothing wrong. :)

This discussion has been closed.