How to use the 1password extension

Options
mattcampbell
mattcampbell
Community Member

Hi there just updated to beta 10 and I can't seem to work out how the extension gets enabled..

Someone help :)

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You'd probably be better off posting in the beta forums. Hopefully a staffer or mod can shift the thread for you.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @mattcampbell,

In Safari, tap on the Share button and on the last row of the share menu, if 1Password isn't there already, scroll to the left to tap on More, and enable 1Password.

• mattcampbell
    mattcampbell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys ;)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mattcampbell‌,

You're welcome. Let us know how it works out for you, we're very interested in hearing any feedback about it.

• mattcampbell
    mattcampbell
    Community Member
    Options

I think it works great :) awesome idea! I noticed the icon was blank in beta 5

• MikeT
    Options

That's great to hear. Hmm, I'm not seeing any blank icon, try killing Safari in the background and reopen it to see if that'll work.

Note that each time you re-install/update the 1Password beta, the extension is also reinstalled. You might notice some glitches like 1Password being turned off or relocated to a different location in the activity list after you install a new beta update.

• mattcampbell
    mattcampbell
    Community Member
    Options

The icon is fine in Safari but in my photos app the icon is there but its blank with just the button with no lock icon in it..

• MikeT
    Options

That's probably because 1Password shouldn't be in Photos in the first place. We'll get that removed from Photos.

• mattcampbell
    mattcampbell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks mike that has been fixed :) loving the extension btw!! :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mattcampbell‌,

That's great and thanks for the feedback, we're loving it too. We have a lot of cool plans for it. iOS 8 is going to rock!

This discussion has been closed.