How to import vaults?

Options
CharlesJenkins
CharlesJenkins
Community Member

The User Guide's page on restoring from Dropbox idoesn't include any instructions on how to handle multiple vaults. It assumes you only have the primary and that everything will just work.

I set 1Password 4 up on my Mac at work and put all my data into separate vaults. The primary vault is empty, and the real data is in my other vaults. Then I synched with Dropbox. Now I'm trying to get set up on my Mac at home. After I installed 1Password 4, It immediately found my primary vault on Dropbox, and I assume it synched. But there seems to be no way to tell it to import the other .agilekeychain files from Dropbox. If the vaults don't already exist, how do I tell 1Password 4 to go get them?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Okay, I'm assuming you've set up sharing for each individual vault (each has to be done separately) at which point according to these instructions all you have to do is unlock 1Password and then double click on each vault in turn - 1Password will do the rest and sync the secondary vaults for you.

So I'm guessing the confusion was you were looking for a file menu option in 1Password while they've set it so you simply attempt to open the keychain (with that format no doubt associated with the application 1Password) from Finder.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CharlesJenkins,

Have you been able to get vault syncing/sharing between your home and work Macs sorted out?

In case you'd rather not have one of the secondary vaults in 1Password on your work Mac be syncing with the Primary vault in 1Password on your home Mac, it may be easiest to start over with a new/empty/unsynced Primary vault on your home Mac, then add any shared secondaries from your work Mac by opening them like @littlebobbytables suggested (i.e. double-clicking each Agile Keychain (*.agilekeychain) in Dropbox).

Please let us know if you'd like further help with this; we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.