Custom Fields not displaying in 1pw mini or 1pw Mac

Options
rymarchant
rymarchant
Community Member

I've just added a new saved password and added the 3 security questions as custom fields to the login item. However both 1PW Mini and 1PW Mac only show the first of the 3 custom fields. I tried creating each one as its own section, but that didn't work either, it only shows one.

I'm on OSX 10.9.4 & 1PW 4.4.1

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rymarchant,

Did you add values for all of your custom fields? Here's what an item looks like with only a value for the first of four custom fields:

In edit mode you can see labels for the other three:

It is possible to have unlabeled custom fields that display only the values, e.g.:

But labeled custom fields need values in order to be displayed in the main 1Password application and mini when not in edit mode. If a value is added to the field labeled custom 3 in the first item it'll look like this:

You can see fields labeled custom 2 and custom 4, without values, are still missing.

Does that explain why you're only seeing the first of three custom fields for your Login item in the main 1Password application and mini?

• rymarchant
    rymarchant
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Sorry about the late reply, I didn't get any notification of a reply here. I did have values in all the fields and they weren't showing up.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rymarchant,

No worries for the late reply; sorry you didn't get a notification! There's some information about forum notifications: here (post #4).

Referring back to your original message:

I've just added a new saved password and added the 3 security questions as custom fields to the login item.

Did you add those custom fields with 1Password on your Mac and was the item originally created there?

However both 1PW Mini and 1PW Mac only show the first of the 3 custom fields.

Do you mean you can only see the first of the three fields even in the main application on your Mac? Are you using 1Password in English and are there any special characters in the custom fields/values that won't display? Do you see all the fields/values if you edit the item?

Can you able to reproduce this with other items or does it only happen with this specific one?

I did have values in all the fields and they weren't showing up.

It's really puzzling why you wouldn't be able to see custom fields/values, especially in the main application, on your Mac if they were added there.

• rymarchant
    rymarchant
    Community Member
    Options

Well, here's an update, I just added a new login and now it's working. But to answer your questions, before I did create it on the main 1pw Mac not in mini and I could see all the values if I clicked on edit. Now I can see the fields in 1PW Mac, Mini and iOS. I guess maybe it's been addressed in the updates since I originally posted the question - I am on the beta build updates on the mac. Thanks for getting back to me!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rymarchant,

I'm not sure if one of 4.4.2 (for Mavericks) or 4.5 (for Yosemite) beta builds did fix a bug that was causing this, but it's great to hear you're able to see previously missing custom fields now!

Please let us know if this problem does return and we'll be happy to investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.