Extra features in the extension

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

In the extension, can you provide an option to view other items stored in your vault, and be able to switch vaults.

For example, I have a sever profile stored in my work vault.

I would like to be able to access the login screen for my server, open the extension, switch to my work vault, choose servers, find the password, copy it and then paste it into the field to login.

I say copy the password as currently 1password does not allow you to fill in a web form from anything other than a login item.

You could say that I could create a login item for the server but that will duplicate information and it just feels wrong.

I have posted about this previously on the forums and 1password say they acknowledge the issue but I have yet to see anything to allow any items to be able to be used to login to a site.

I just think that the extension should become a little bit more like 1password mini on the Mac. Maybe not edit stuff, but at least be able to view other items etc.

I hope you can understand my issues.

Kind regards,
Neil

Comments

• Thanks for taking the time to write in, Neil! It's always great when our customers come up with new ideas to help make 1Password even better. We do have this one entered into our internal bug tracker, but we don't have a timeline for when it might appear in 1Password. Thanks again!

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for passwords in the extension and +1 for switching vaults in the extension

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

In the recent beta 12, you are now able to view the item's details and copy whatever fields you want.

One small step at a time as the extension becomes more powerful over time. Hopefully, the vault selector will be here shortly if it is possible to add. :P

@mikeyh, thanks for your votes!

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks... just updating all my devices now.

• MikeT
    Options

No problem, let us know how it works out.

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like you still can't search for password only items.

• MikeT
    Options

Not yet, we have a lot of time ahead of us to get it all in there. :P

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Latest beta is a step in the right direction. Main things I would like now is vault switching and ability to see all other items stored in the vault from inside the extension.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

I'm glad to hear that. These features are on our list for the future.

Thanks, rctneil!

This discussion has been closed.