2 Dropbox accounts - Some Questions

Options
johnmcguire
johnmcguire
Community Member

Hi there,

I have my personal Dropbox account that I've used for years and it currently stores my 1Password.agilekeychain file in the "1Password" folder.

Also, in the root level of my Dropbox account, I have the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file.

Everything is working fine between my Mac, iPhone, and work PC. I am logged into my personal Dropbox account on all of these.

However, here's what I'd like to do, and my questions/dilemma:

For security reasons, I want to create a new Dropbox account just for my work PC. I have several other things in Dropbox that I don't necessarily want to be stored on my work PC. Yes, I know I can just do "selective syncing" but then anyone that has access to my PC could theoretically change these settings without my intervention.

Anyway, I still need access to my 1Password data in this new Dropbox account... so I figured I could just "share" this 1Password folder with my newly created work Dropbox account and then have all of my data... Is this necessarily true? What about the ".ws.agile.1password.settings" file? I can't just "share" a file to my knowledge like you can a folder. Does this "settings" file need to be in both accounts? How exactly does this work?

Also, would the same master password work for both Dropbox accounts when accessing my 1Password data file?

I believe I can make it work but just want to verify about the settings file. I've read several other threads regarding this type of issue but have never seen anyone mention the settings file. I also just want to make sure this is the best course of action to take. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johnmcguire‌

Sharing your 1Password folder (not the 1Password.agilekeychain itself) into your new Dropbox account is exactly what you want to be doing. Don't worry too much about that .ws.agile.1Password.settings file. 1Password for Windows will actually re-create that file when you first open your keychain from Dropbox for the first time. :)

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.