Wifi sync improvements coming soon?

Options
pomme4moi
pomme4moi
Community Member

I use 1P on two Macs and two iPads. I don't want to use cloud syncing solutions, so am happy that 1P offers non-cloud solutions. But the non-cloud solutions are awkward to use. Examples:

• I use Folder Sync to sync 1P between the two Macs, but this process does not work with iPads
  • I use WiFi Sync to sync 1P between a Mac and each iPad, but this process does not sync secondary vaults or attachments
  • It takes too many clicks to get a Mac and iPad ready before the wifi sync can start

Keeping all four devices in sync with the same 1P data file is just too cumbersome. I would like to see a single and simple process for non-cloud syncing. Maybe a screen that lists all my devices, allows me to select the devices I want to sync (4 of them, in this example), and click GO. Then 1P does its magic behind the scenes to sync all the devices via wifi in a secure manner, including secondary vaults and attachments.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thx

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Hey pomme4me: I use Dropbox to sync. I guess you call that "cloud" syncing? I will not use iCloud. I have tried WiFi syncing but as you say, it is cumbersome.
    I believe I can trust Dropbox. May I ask why you don't?
    Jim b

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pomme4moi‌

Thanks so much for your feedback here! I'm sure you're already aware of this, but 1Password 4 was originally released without a Wi-Fi sync option. Users missed it so much though that we decided to bring it back. What this means though is that this feature has not spent as much time in development as syncs such as Dropbox or even iCloud. There is definitely still room for improvement, and our developers are working on it!

Unfortunately, I can't say much more than that, as we make it a point not to make promises on unreleased features or improvements. There are just too many factors involved that could affect a planned timeframe.

I have passed your thoughts along to our developers and mentioned to them that you are keen to see more options for Wi-Fi sync as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience as we work to improve this feature!

ref: OPI-504

This discussion has been closed.