Problem syncing my Iphone and Ipad with Dropbox

Options
wmcfarland
wmcfarland
Community Member

My 1Password is syncing with Dropbox, so no problem there. However, when I try to set up my IPhone and IPad to sync with the 1Password data in Dropbox, I get a screen message of "Please Wait. Downloading encryption keys" and then it just grinds and grinds and grinds...with a net result of nothing; i.e., no sync is set up. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wmcfarland‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up here! Let's try resetting sync on your Mac to generate a fresh 1Password.agilekeychain file for your iOS devices to snap up.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’ (if it is currently enabled)

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

That should get everything on the same page for sure, but if you're still seeing that message, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

• Sal Catalfamo Jr.
    Sal Catalfamo Jr.
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having issues with this. I tried the steps you outlined, but unfortunately it's still not syncing with DropBox. Running iOS 8 beta 5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Sal,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Are you also on the 1Password 4 for iOS beta? Test driving an operating system is often fraught with interesting bug, but we'll do our best to get this sorted out for you. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.