1Password for iOS crashes when syncing with Dropbox

Options
MateuszG
MateuszG
Community Member

Hey,

I've just upgraded my iPad to iOS 8 and purchased 1Password for iOS.
After running the app it asks me to choose sync mechanism. When I choose Dropbox (since I have 1Password keychain stored there), it moves me to Dropbox to authorize 1Password app. When I click "Allow" it returns to 1Password app. Loader and "Searching for 1Password data in Dropbox" appears. After about 1-2 seconds, app crashes and returns to home screen.

I've already tried to reset sync mechanism (disable and re-enable sync with dropbox) but with no success.

Any hints? I'm not sure what version of 1Password for iOS I have. I've just installed it from app store on iOS 8. Is it iOS8 compatible or should I download any other version?

Here is how it looks like on my iPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKtvwI3ClQ

M.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MateuszG,

Because iOS 8 is still in beta itself, we do not yet have a fully compatible version of 1Password for it. You may run into a few of these bugs from time to time. For more details have a read through our blog post here: Things to know about beta testing OS X Yosemite.

I can tell you that the bug you are seeing has been fixed in the latest 1Password 4 for iOS betas. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept any users into our beta program at this time, but you should see an update soon that resolves this issue.

• masanbol
    masanbol
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

• MateuszG
    MateuszG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, thanks a lot for your response. Looking forward for 1Password beta updates.
    Regards, M.

• skramer49
    skramer49
    Community Member
    Options

It's been a month since you said an update that fixes the issue is coming. Any update? This is very frustrating.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skramer49‌

I sincerely apologize for the frustration here. As I've mentioned above, we're not always able to fully support beta operating systems. But, please send a description of the problem to support+iosbeta @ agilebits and we'll see what we can do to make your situation a bit less frustrating. :)

• Jean-Paul Cozzatti
    Jean-Paul Cozzatti
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

ios8 will be released in a week.
    any chance there'll be an update soon :) ?
    I have the same crash shown here.

• Yep, update on its way. Please use Wi-Fi sync in the meantime. :)

• Francisco Gomes
    Francisco Gomes
    Community Member
    Options

Same here :/ waiting for the update ;) Wi-Fi sync and Windows is like crap, need to turn on my mac everytime I want to sync, nobody told me that I should install the ios betas, but I do it every time ;)

• breu
    breu
    Community Member
    Options

so... other apps are being updated as we speak for ios8. Do you know when the 1password update will be available in the app store?

• Mal Curtis
    Mal Curtis
    Community Member
    Options

iOS 8 is no longer in beta, hoping this update will be released asap! Any eta? Has it been submitted for review etc.?

• Hi everyone! 1Password 5 for iOS is out and is fully compatible with iOS 8! Because we are requiring iOS 8 with this release, we were tied to iOS 8's release. Our app became available about a half hour after iOS 8 did. Updating to this version should fix your Dropbox woes. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.