iCloud sync between different users (apple id's) [must use same Apple ID for iCloud services]

Options
davegarratt
davegarratt
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

At the moment my wife and I have both got Mac's and iPhones which use their own apple ID's. To share/sync our passwords we use dropbox but I was wondering if iCloud is able to do this yet - or if not maybe with IOS8 and OSX Yosemite ?

Additionally I'm on a bit of a crusade to extend the battery life of my phone and was wondering if I need background app refresh enabled on both 1Password and Dropbox ?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davegarratt‌

At this time, you cannot sync with iCloud across multiple AppleIDs. To the best of my knowledge there are no plans to change this in the new iCloud Drive being released with iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

Additionally I'm on a bit of a crusade to extend the battery life of my phone and was wondering if I need background app refresh enabled on both 1Password and Dropbox ?

To take advantage of background app refresh for 1Password, you need only to enable it for 1Password. We do not require the Dropbox app. :)

This discussion has been closed.