How do I move the HUD?

Options
Matthew Fordham
Matthew Fordham
Community Member

When I open the browser HUD via _command-option-\ _ it shows up in a somewhat random spot on my screen and I can't seem to move. How can I move it's position?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Matthew,

If you have the Mini hidden in the menu bar, the dialogue will pop up in the middle of the screen. Unfortunately, it is not possible to move this window at this time, but there is an open feature request in our internal tracker for this. I've added a vote for you.

ref: OPM-340

• Matthew Fordham
    Matthew Fordham
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Ok, thanks. FWIW, it doesn't appear in the middle... middle is what I want :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I believe it's designed to pop up leaving enough space to open menus to the right (with due deference to @Megan!).

Stephen

• Matthew Fordham
    Matthew Fordham
    Community Member
    Options

See attached for where it is showing up for me. Even with the menus open... kinda off-center ;)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Matthew

Looks like your using Bartender. Try updating to the latest beta version it has fixed a lot of my issues. Also have you tried the selection in Bartenders preferences for "Apply fix for popup window placement" I think in your case it will pull it way to the right but that may not be doable for you, if you have enough apps you can reorder the apps inside Bartender. Putting 1P in the perfect place may allow you to get it closer to the middle. You may not want to put that much work into it. But if it severely gets to my OCD I usually try things like that.

Thats not a guarantee it will fix it, I still have a couple apps that misbehave with their popups using the fix in Bartenders settings. Also out of curiosity is this an external monitor hooked to your Mac ?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Matthew,

With the Show mini app icon in the menu bar option disabled, the 1Password mini window is movable when running the 1Password 4.5 beta on Yosemite, e.g.:

Although that doesn't help with 4.4.1 now I hope it's something you can look forward to with 1Password on Yosemite. :)

This discussion has been closed.