Conflicts on iPad and Nowhere Else

Options
danito
danito
Community Member

I use 1Password on an iPad, iPhone and two Macs. All the versions are updated to the newest one. In the iPad app MANY logins show a section called Conflicts, but neither the iPhone nor the Macs apps show these at all. Unfortunately, I can't find any info on how to resolve this.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danito,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here! If you have conflict fields on one device, but not the others, I'm wondering if sync might have gotten disconnected somewhere. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• danito
    danito
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Megan,

thanks for taking on my problem. Here is the information you requested:

Mac Pro:
    OS X 10.9.4
    1Password Version 4.4.1 (441006)
    Mac App Store

MacBook Air:
    OS X 10.9.4
    1Password Version 4.4.1 (441006)
    Mac App Store

iPhone:
    iOS 7.1.2
    1Password 4.5.3

iPad:
    iOS 7.1.2
    1Password 4.5.3

I am using Dropbox for keeping everything in sync and I have only one vault.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danito,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information! Let's try resetting sync, just to ensure that everything is on the same page.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Macs, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Macs and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the first Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• On the second Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select the 1Password.agilekeychain file you find there.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

Now, conflict fields appear when 1Password has been unable to determine which data is newer between two differing edits within an entry. There are two ways to deal with these:

• Create a new Smart Folder (File > Smart Folder) and use the criteria 'Conflict fields' 'are' present. This will show you all the entries to update.
    • If you have a backup saved from before the conflict fields showed up, you can restore to this backup using File > Restore.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• danito
    danito
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Dear Megan,

your write:

"Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of."

Does that include the invisible file ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" ? Or should I leave that alone?

Thanks!

• danito
    danito
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I did everything you said and afterwards the conflict fields that used to appear only on the iPad showed up everywhere else too. For nearly every item (hundreds of them). So I opened 1Password on a Mac and restored from a backup from a few minutes earlier and then did everything again. Only this time I deleted 1Password from both iOS devices before reinstalling and syncing them. The conflicts seem to be gone now :).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danito,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the conflict fields taken care of! (Sorry that it was a bit of a process though.)

Does that include the invisible file ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" ? Or should I leave that alone?

If you are only using 1Password 4 for iOS and 1Password 4 for Mac and don't have any other instances of 1Password ( 1Password 3 or 1Password 4 for Android, for example) you can remove this file. It is essentially used to tell 1Password where to find the keychain in Dropbox. 1Password 4 for iOS and 1Password 4 for Mac no longer rely on this, but 1Password 4 for Android and 1Password 4 for Windows still make use of it. It's a teeny tiny file, so it's not taking up a lot of space in your Dropbox, so as long as you leave it invisible, it can be out of sight and hopefully out of mind. :)

We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.