Sync issue after crash with 4.6b12 [Should be fixed in beta 14]

Options
sternklang
sternklang
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

Just updated from 4.6b11 to b12 on iOS8b5. When I go into Settings->Sync, 1PW crashes. When I restart and go into the Settings->Sync it doesn't crash but it says "Start Sync" as if I had not already set up Dropbox sync. Choose Sync with Dropbox, it shows my connection to my Dropbox account, and if I select that it shows my existing vault greyed out under Choose a Vault. So from the Sync setting level it indicates I am not syncing but one level down from that it shows all my vault in Dropbox.

This happened on both iPad Air and iPhone 5s after the upgrade to b12.

Comments

• gregspeechley
    gregspeechley
    Community Member
    Options

After I installed 4.6BETA-12 on my iPhone 5S, sync was disabled and I was unable to get it to re-sync with Dropbox. I deleted the app, did a fresh install and set up syncing with Dropbox which worked fine however every time I go to Settings > Sync the app crashes.

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member
    Options

Same...

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member
    Options

I tried creating a new item, a secure note, in 1PW for Mac. It's been a couple of minutes but it's not syncing to either iPhone or iPad. Then created a new note on the iPad, it's not syncing to iPhone or Mac. So whatever happened in the crash seems to have broken Dropbox sync.

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member
    Options

If I go to Settings->Sync->Start Sync->Sync with Dropbox, and on the existing Dropbox account hit the Info button on the right and disable the Dropbox account, then reconnect Dropbox, sync starts working again. However after that point every time I hit Settings->Sync it crashes again.

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member
    Options

Even though it crashes after that point, is it still syncing regardless?

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, once sync starts working again the crashes after that point don't seem to affect it, it still syncs.

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member
    Options

Very similar or the same issue I reported here.

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

The app store version crashes as soon as you try setup an initial dropbox sync.

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member
    Options

I think that version just has issues running on iOS 8. This issue was introduced in 4.6 beta 12, previous betas were fine.

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member
    Options

On the other hand, I don't think I went into Sync settings in the prior beta(s) since iOS 8 beta 5 came out on Monday. So I can't actually say for sure that 4.6 beta 12 introduced this.

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that after reinstalling 4.6 beta 11 sync is back to normal (glad I didn't delete the previous beta email)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting the crash issue. I've seen the same crash and we'll investigate to have this fixed in the next beta. Sorry about this!

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member
    Options

Count me in, Same for me here!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

This should work much better in beta 14, can you test this and confirm it is fixed?

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member
    Options

Beta 14 fixed the issue for me everything seems to be running fine on my iPhone 5s/iPad Air.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @George Williams‌,

That's awesome, thank you for confirming it for us!

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT‌,

Same here, the issue is gone with beta 14.

• MikeT
    Options

The more the merrier, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.