SECTION entry within some categories & URL link recognition within Secure Notes

Options
stevelabo
stevelabo
Community Member

I am a new user and have searched for information on the SECTION entry at the top of some category items in edit mode. Once saved, the SECTION mysteriously disappears. (Probably because I left it blank). Still I would like to know the intended purpose for including this entry in some categories and not in others.

Second question, no matter how I format URLs within my secure notes, (with or without http://), my links do not become active upon save. In other words, the browser will not automatically launch when I click on my URLs because they are not recognized as URLs. This forces me to copy and paste and disrupts my workflow.

Maybe this feature could be added to a wish list of future functionality, along with the ability to use the mobile device camera to take photos of important IDs, etc., to be stored along with secure items in the database (like showing a photo of my stolen drivers license to a police officer).

Comments

• Hi @stevelabo,

I am a new user and have searched for information on the SECTION entry at the top of some category items in edit mode.

Items in certain categories have the option for you to name each section. If you leave it blank, it simply won't display a section title.

Second question, no matter how I format URLs within my secure notes, (with or without http://), my links do not become active upon save.

Secure Notes are plain text only, and don't support links. Sorry about that! But I'll pass along your request for this to our developers. :)

Maybe this feature could be added to a wish list of future functionality, along with the ability to use the mobile device camera to take photos

Thanks for the feedback! I will pass this along to our developers also. For now, if you use 1Password on Mac or Windows, you can add an attachment there and it will sync to the iOS app.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.