Version 3/4 Merge - Self-Inflicted Error

Options
PGBernstein
PGBernstein
Community Member

Hi -

I upgraded a few months ago from V3 to V4 on my Mac, but failed to change the icon in my dock so continued to use V3, unaware since June. I've figured all this stuff out now, gotten my licensing straightened out, but have an old keychain file in Dropbox that is V3 with a couple of months of login/password info that I would like to merge into my new V4 keychain. Is there a simple way to do this?

Apologies for the self-inflicted confusion,

Phil Bernstein

Comments

• PGBernstein
    PGBernstein
    Community Member
    Options

Well, strangely, in the last sync, everything seems to have combined and all is well, yikes. Is it now safe to delete the old, V3 keychain from Dropbox?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Phil ( @PGBernstein )

I'm so glad to hear that you've gotten everything synced up! I apologize that it wasn't an easy process for you though.

Are you still using Dropbox to keep your 1Password 4 data synced up? We want to be sure that we're not removing a keychain that is still being used somewhere. If you are not syncing with Dropbox anymore then it is fine to move that keychain to the Trash.

You can also move the 1Password 3 application to the Trash if you'd like. Please note we don't recommend using any app cleaners to uninstall 1Password 3, as app cleaners can get a bit overzealous, and it is certainly a good idea to keep your backups around, at least until 1Password 4 has a chance to build up its own database of backups ... just in case. :)

This discussion has been closed.