1Password 4 Firefox Extension?

Options
wardenmsp
wardenmsp
Community Member

Hi - Sorry for the newbie post, but I'm trying to install the 1Password 4 extension for Firefox 31.0. I've successfully done it in Safari & Chrome. From the "Big Green Button," I get a connect failure error. If I try the alternative sites on the AgileBits site, I get the extension for 1Password 3 (which I can successfully install and remove in Firefox. Any thoughts, or a place I can look to find the answer for myself? Thanks, Bill Arden

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Try using this link:

https://agilebits.com/browsers/download/firefox?beta=false

Does that work?

Stephen

• wardenmsp
    wardenmsp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Stephen - No, it doesn't, thanks. I tried that, but I get the (evidently well-known :-) "the add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com" error box. Prior to that, Firefox has been giving me another message: "Firefox prevented this site (agilebits.com) from asking you to install software on your computer," as shown on the page to which you gave me the link. Of course, I've been saying "Allow."

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What happens if you use Safari to access that link? If it works you could download the extension and then add it to Firefox.

It's very odd, because the link works for me in Firefox, without error.

Stephen

• wardenmsp
    wardenmsp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Stephen - OK, can I use the Safari extension for Firefox? I can successfully install the 1Password 4 extension in both Chrome and Safari, just not in Firefox. I'll give that a try. Thanks again! Bill Arden

• wardenmsp
    wardenmsp
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I misunderstood what you said. I'll download the Firefox extension via Safari - that's what you meant, I suspect.

• wardenmsp
    wardenmsp
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo! That worked like a charm. Thanks again, Stephen!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wardenmsp‌

I'm so glad to hear that @Stephen_C's suggestions got things working for you! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.