IOS App and Sharing with different family members

Options
SirDuke
SirDuke
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

I see apple is adding family sharing in IOS8, however I already have a family license with 1Password and I am looking to purchase the IOS app now. Do I need to buy the app for each user or can I purchase the app one time and then share it amongst the different users syncing each device to a specific vault?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You can install the iOS application on any devices that share the same Apple ID for purchases. If you and your family members use different Apple IDs when you make purchases through the App Store, each user will need to buy their own copy. There isn't the equivalent of a family license thorough the App Store, as least so far. And Apple also does not provide any way for developers to bundle applications.

The family sharing feature you mention won't become available until sometime in the fall, when iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite are released. And that feature will be on an opt-in basis by each developer. Some will allow it and some may not. AgileBits hasn't said whether they will opt in or not, at least to the best of my knowledge.

This discussion has been closed.