Moving 1Password from old MacBook to new MacBook

Options
glestephens
glestephens
Community Member

I bought a new MacBook Air running OSX 10.9.4 to replace an older MacBook. The Apple store loaded contents of my old laptop to the new one. I can click on 1Password in my toolbar and log in with my master password. But when I try to log in to a site by clicking on the log-in menu, it does not fill in and I get a dialogue box that says, "Web browser is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Fill in and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved."

Any ideas on resolving this issue>

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What browser are you using? If it's something "standard" like Safari or Firefox you might just try re-installing the 1P4 browser extension (1P4 > Install Browser Extensions...). If that doesn't work try re-installing the browser itself.

Do you have more than one browser on your machine? If so, is the other one working?

(There have been other references to this error but because forum search is not working properly at the moment I can't find them, sorry!)

Stephen

• glestephens
    glestephens
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Safari 7.0.5, and there's no other browser. It shows 1Password extensions are installed and enabled.

• glestephens
    glestephens
    Community Member
    Options

Also tried reinstalling Safari. And, Apple support tech was unable to figure it out and suggest I need to talk to a 1Password tech.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @glestephens‌

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.