User 'titles' no longer displayed in the forum

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
edited August 2014 in Lounge
This discussion was created from comments split from: Multiple Vaults: secondary vault unlocks automatically.

Benfdc: I split your post into a separate thread and moved it into the Lounge, since it might be useful for other users here (and isn't directly related to 1Password 4 for Mac or the topic of the other thread.)

Comments

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi, @Megan. It seems that there has been a change to the discussion forum UI—I am no longer seeing roles like Forum Administrator or Perspective-giving member below the user names. I don't like it. You folks now have pretty agilebits badges, but why take away the differentiation?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @benfdc,

When we last changed forum software, existing users had their 'titles' transferred over as well. As our forums have gotten busier, we wanted to be sure that users could clearly differentiate between helpful users and those of us who work for AgileBits. Some of the existing titles were a bit unclear, but because they were transferred over from the previous forum software, the titles were hardcoded and we were unable to change them.

The decision was made to remove all existing titles and implement a new system: 'Community Moderator' titles were given to a few users who frequently take the time to help out and answer user questions and the AgileBits badge was added for all Agile employees.

I apologize for any confusion here - I hope this explains why the change was made!

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the explanation.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @benfdc,

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.