My wife and I both have iphones. Do I need to purchase 1Password twice?

Options
TangoJoe
TangoJoe
Community Member

Your website says "purchase once and use across all your OS7 devices" How do I get the app onto my wife's phone?
Also your ad on itunes says 40% off, but I think I paid full price at $9.99.
Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When they say all, they mean every device linked to your iTunes account. If you use a single iTunes account for both phones all you have to do is go through the steps like you were intending to purchase the app on her phone and instead of a price it should say something like purchased or download - I can't remember exactly.

If your wife's iPhone is hers and she keeps a completely separate iTunes account, then like all iOS apps she would have to purchase her own copy. That may change under iOS 8 but the app store is Apple's so this is all about their rules.

As for the price, are you sure $9.99 isn't with the discount already applied? I can't say for sure as I don't normally work in dollars.

• TangoJoe
    TangoJoe
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure the $9.99 is or isn't a discounted price. Does anyone know?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that $9.99 is the discounted price from the usual $17.99.

• TangoJoe
    TangoJoe
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you hawkmoth. Good deal.

• Saphired
    Saphired
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting to see if 1P will support family sharing coming in iOS8?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@Saphired, we will release more details when we get closer to the release of iOS 8. There's a good chance we'll agree with the new terms but we have to review the whole thing first before we can do anything.

This discussion has been closed.