Syncing via iCloud not working

Options
Dave Coffin
Dave Coffin
Community Member

I downloaded the trial version of 1Password and I purchased the iOS app. I set up a bunch of passwords on the mac app (Version 4.4.1 (441008)) and turned on iCloud sync. When I open the iOS app and choose iCloud sync, it does not find anything synced to iCloud. I am running the iOS 8 beta. The iCloud syncing in preferences looks like it is syncing correctly with iCloud (http://cl.ly/X2Dk) but the iOS app doesnt find it at all.

Also, I tried to sync using dropbox, but the 1Password iOS app just crashes when I try to connect my dropbox account.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dave,

Thanks for testing out 1Password to keep your digital life secure and organized! Are you running the OS X 10.10 Yosemite beta on your Mac? Apple has made some significant changes to iCloud for iOS 8 and OS X 10.10, so you will only be able to use iCloud sync if you are beta testing the operating systems on all computers and devices (or, conversely, using the release version of the operating systems on all computers and devices). This applies to all your apps, not just 1Password.

The issue with Dropbox sync and the iOS 8 beta is known, and our developers have already solved it in the latest 1Password betas. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept any new users into our 1Password 4 for iOS beta program at this time, but we'll do our best to get the fix out to users as soon as possible.

I'm sorry I don't have a perfect answer for you here, but I hope this helps! We're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.