Master password input too low on iPad Air v4.6B14

Fedorov
Fedorov
Community Member

Just updated my iOS 8 b5 iPad Air to the latest b14 build and the main screen looks like this.

If I hide the keyboard you can see the input below there.

Comments

• Hi @Fedorov,

I have the same setup as you do but I can't reproduce this. Did you do something to get it in that state and if yes, please let me know the steps you were taking before the issue popped up.

If you don't recall what you did, can you try killing the 1Password app in the background and open it again, does it show the same issue?

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌
    I literally picked up my iPad knowing I had b14 to update to as I updated my iPhone earlier. Killed all running apps mainly a few games my son last played.

Ran 1password. New update popped up so I tapped Show and then on Install as normal.

If I recall, after tapping "install", the app used to close itself and start the update. Noticed a few betas ago that when you tap Install it no longer closes the app (Hockeyapp change?)
    So after tapping "Install" I presed home button twice then killed 1password while it was still installing I believe.

I ran b14 with no other apps in the background.

I've also fully powered off my ipad and back on again but it still displays the Master Password box under the keyboard.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else to assist.

• Hi @Fedorov,

I've noticed the same issue with HockeyApp, it seem to be an issue in iOS 8 beta 5. You can see the discussion with HockeyApp here: http://support.hockeyapp.net/discussions/problems/26683-not-able-to-download-apps-ios8-beta-5-autoupdate-manually-etc

1. The keyboard, I assume you're not using any custom keyboard, right?
    2. What about rotating the device, does it resize properly?
  • Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member
    edited August 2014

I'm using the standard keyboard plus the emoji keyboard.

Landscape rotation is also incorrect as per this screenshot...

Note: Is it these forums or Safari on iOS, when I try to attach an image file from my camera roll, it constantly shows the "Uploading" animation but never uploads it - posted again below from my PC :)

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

I'm using the standard keyboard plus the emoji keyboard.

Landscape rotation is also incorrect as per this screenshot...

• Hi @Fedorov,

You're not using a bluetooth keyboard either, right? I did test this and I still can't reproduce it. I've asked Andy and he can't reproduce it either.

Do you mind doing a clean reinstall of 1Password? Back up your data if it is not already and then delete the beta app from your iPad. Once it is deleted, install the latest one from HockeyApp and see if it'll work.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌

No bluetooth keyboard.

Deleted the beta and installed latest b15 from HockeyApp and still get the same issue on my iPad - not sure if you're aware but the attached image also appears squashed.

Video attached to demonstrate b15 - apologies for the missed taps, I was trying to hold iPhone above ;)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25299/IMG_0151.MOV

I'm sure b12 was okay but I can't reinstall that version to demonstrate. All started with b14/b15.

• Hi @Fedorov,

Are you able to unlock the extension in Mobile Safari?

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

The extension shows the splash screen where it animates and splits vertically but then just remains grey.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojlpfzux1usfoqk/Photo 17-08-2014 06 25 23.png

I'm away on vacation from today so I'll rely on dropbox to post screens for you as forum upload never seems to work from iOS 8 Safari?

If you wish to continue via email then let me know. I'll have the iPad with me.

• Hi @Fedorov,

Let me get back to you soon, I'm waiting for the developers to fly back home before I can get their opinion on what's going on here.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Just wondering... on iPhone safari when I tap in the "Leave a Comment" box on these forums, it moves the box up the screen to make room for the iOS keyboard to appear and still allow you to see what you are typing in the box.

On iPad, when I tap in the Leave Comment box it remains at the bottom and the keyboard pops up over the top of it. If I try and drag the page up above the keyboard it just goes back down when I leave go.

Wonder if the keyboard is acting up on iOS 8 beta 5 on my iPad and not registering with apps that it has appeared so that things move up into view???

I'd be interested in trying beta 12 or earlier if possible as I'm still sure Master Password worked okay but now I'm also questioning whether since iOS 8 beta 5 I have actually tried to log into 1Password on iPad as sometimes when I see a new beta of 1password on my iPhone I quickly fire it up on iPad before leaving for work to ensure I've updated it.

Does the "Leave a Comment" box on these forums appear ABOVE the keyboard for you @MikeT‌ when you tap into it on iPad Safari?

• Hi @Fedorov,

I tested on both iPhone and iPad, both definitely moved the reply box above the keyboard.

It is starting to sound like you have an issue with iOS keyboard on your iPad rather than it is being an issue within 1Password. You might want to do a reset when you are back from the vacation to see if that'll work, or wait until the next iOS 8 beta comes out. I think the next one should be out in the next few days depending on the 2-week release cycle that Apple's on right now.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Yea I even tried adding the normal keyboard and deleting both the UK and emoji ones, restarting the device etc.

This shouldn't affect the fact it sticks on the authenticating after typing my master password when trying to setup as an existing user having allowed dropbox? Or the empty extension popup?

I daren't delete and reinstall from my iPhone to test this as I need at least one of them working to get my passwords :)

Thx for confirming the reply box - lets see what the next ios beta does.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Just to chime in a little here. I too have had the issue of the master password input hiding behind the keyboard in both orientations on my iPad. I kept having to hide the keyboard, check the input, raise the keyboard and type my password then hide it again to submit. A pain but it worked. But yes does need fixing.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thanks @rctneil‌ - presume you also have it get stuck authenticating on a new setup after typing your master password and linking to an existing dropbox? Does your extension also appear as a solid grey empty box like mine?

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Not sure on the authenticating front, will have to check that one out. The extension icon always seems to appear normally for me. No issues there.

• Good morning folks. How is this working for you in beta 16?

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

I'm going to try and setup as an existing user again on iPad when I get wifi on my train journey later today on the iPad. I'll let you guys know @MrRooni‌ and @MikeT‌

• Hi guys,

@Fedorov, the beta 16 fixes the Authenticating bug when you establish the new sync with Dropbox as an existing 1Password user. We haven't been able to reproduce the keyboard issue, so there is no fix for that yet.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT‌ I can confirm my iPad fresh install of beta 15, now upgraded to beta 16 authenticates after allowing dropbox and all my logins are now synced :)

The New User / Existing User popup is no longer squashed.

After choosing "I've used 1Password before" and then choosing Dropbox, you then press "Allow" in dropbox, it takes you back to 1Password at the screen where you have to choose iCloud, Dropbox again - once I chose Dropbox again it took me to where I could choose my vault from Dropbox.

I noticed after this ipad sync finished the total items appeared 1 item higher than I recall from my iPhone.

Opened beta 16 on my iPhone and it had 1 less item - went into settings > Sync and no Dropbox was setup?

I tap on "Start Syncing" and then choose "sync with Dropbox" - tap on my Dropbox account name, it does the "Searching for vaults" spinner, lists my one and only Primary vault, I tap on this and it pops up and tells me:
    "Vault Exists"
    "This vault already exists on my iPhone"

Yes, I know it's on here but it has lost its sync to Dropbox on either b15 or b16 so how do I get it syncing back to dropbox on my iPhone again please?

So, ipad clean setup on b16 now authenticates, minor issue with it asking for my choice of sync service after allowing Dropbox.
    Keyboard issue still exists with the Master password input but this appears an iOS 8 beta 5 keyboard issue as it does similar in Safari.

Iphone has lost its Dropbox sync but when I try to setup sync it tells me the vault already exists on my iPhone.

Let me know if you need anything else

• Hi @Fedorov,

I can confirm my iPad fresh install of beta 15, now upgraded to beta 16 authenticates after allowing dropbox and all my logins are now synced

That's great, thanks for confirming it.

The New User / Existing User popup is no longer squashed.

Woohoo!

After choosing "I've used 1Password before" and then choosing Dropbox, you then press "Allow" in dropbox, it takes you back to 1Password at the screen where you have to choose iCloud, Dropbox again - once I chose Dropbox again it took me to where I could choose my vault from Dropbox.

This is an old bug, we had that issue since the big redesign in the 4.5 update. We'll improve this in a future update.

Opened beta 16 on my iPhone and it had 1 less item - went into settings > Sync and no Dropbox was setup?

We are investigating an issue where updating to a newer beta via HockeyApp would break the Dropbox sync. We do not think this is affected in the stable version at the iOS App Store.

lists my one and only Primary vault, I tap on this and it pops up and tells me: "Vault Exists" "This vault already exists on my iPhone"

Unfortunately, that's a bug we will fix soon. It doesn't let you reuse existing vaults to sync with Dropbox. To get this fixed, reinstall the OPI app and use Dropbox to pull it in.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

I recall you had that a while ago whereby we were all loosing the dropbox connections after upgrading a new 1password beta - appears to have only just reappeared this bug although as you say we can't reconnect our existing ones this time.

I've deleted and reinstalled b17 on iPhone so at present I have both iPad and iPhone syncing with Dropbox again.

You know about all the other issues discussed above. Thanks for your help as usual, I'm just hoping Apple sort my iPad keyboard out

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @Fedorov,

You're welcome!

I'm just hoping Apple sort my iPad keyboard out

Me too, my iPad's Wi-Fi just stop working every once in a while on iOS 8 that wasn't there in iOS 7. I hope they'll fix this next month along with your keyboard issue.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌ and @MrRooni‌

I've fixed the keyboard issue on my iPad Air!!!

Don't even know why I tried this but the keyboard down button in the bottom right most corner of the keyboard, if you tap and hold it you get a popup menu... I had the choice to "Dock" or "Split" the keyboard.

I chose "Dock" and apps now recognise the keyboard is "docked" and automatically move the screen up so I can see what I'm typing above the keyboard :)

If I tap and hold it now I get the choice to "Undock" or "Split" - if I "Undock" it it then goes back to overlay on top of apps and again will stop me seeing the Master Password input field.

Well worth knowing this - didn't even know you could dock and undock it!

• Hi @fedorov,

:)) LOL. Thanks for letting us know, we'll keep this in mind in case others see the same problem.

I'll check and if we can disable the dock options while the lock screen is showing, that should prevent this from happening again.

This discussion has been closed.