Feature Request: Adding attachments in 1Password for iOS [Under Consideration]

Options
Saphired
Saphired
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

Hello,

I just came across a use case for 1P which isn't supported at the moment: adding attachments to items in the iOS version.

As it works fine to add attachments in the Mac version and also to display them on an iOS device, I could not find to add them there. For example making a photo of secret documents directly in the app and then append that photo directly to an item would be awesome. Since Apple introduced its advanced keychain 1P serves also as a safe for many more things than only passwords, so this would definitely enhance the experience. Any chance this will come soon? Maybe also with support for open-in-dialog that let users send files to 1P store it as an attachment?

Regards,
Saphired

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Saphired‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're interested in something like this! You're right, this isn't a feature that is currently available on 1Password 4 for iOS, but we've heard requests for it before. I'm happy to add a vote for you to the existing request in our internal tracker.

ref: OPI-1027

• Chris90
    Chris90
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

add my vote too!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chris90,

Your vote has been added - thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Would definitely add a vote to adding attachments inside of the iOS app :)

Is there any way to actually DELETE attachments from the iOS app directly without using the Windows app? I couldn't find a way

• Hi @mia‌,

Unfortunately, no, all attachment management must be done in either the Mac or Windows app. Attachments on iOS are read-only.

• breatleb
    breatleb
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I add my voice to the chorus of people who would like to be able to see the attachments visible in OS X in the iOS apps. I hope this is something under consideration. Thanks

• chrisdj
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @breatleb‌,

Just to clarify, you can currently see attachments that you added in OS X on the iOS app. You just cannot add/edit/remove attachments directly on iOS.

Addition: iCloud and Dropbox currently sync attachments, Wi-Fi sync is on the list to implement attachment sync.

• breatleb
    breatleb
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I use wi-fi as my method of syncing. I'm glad to hear it's on the list to implement wifi attachment sync.

• brki
    brki
    Community Member
    Options

+1!
    Indeed, it would be very handy, when editing an item on ios, to be able to take a photo and have that added as an attachment.

• @breatleb‌: Just to let you know, 1Password 5 for iOS and 1Password 5 for Mac can now sync attachments over Wi-Fi!

@brki: Thanks for the vote! This is something we'd all love to have!

• PHUTHASONE
    PHUTHASONE
    Community Member
    Options

I vote for this too.

• breatleb
    breatleb
    Community Member
    Options

@chrisdj, thanks so much!

• Aurisgale
    Aurisgale
    Community Member
    Options

I've been waiting for this feature over 2 years. So add me up too. I hope you guys can implement this feature so we can add attachments directly with our phones.

• Aurisgale
    Aurisgale
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also using OneSafe app because it supports attachments. It not so great to use two same kind of applications.

• @Aurisgale: Thanks for the upvote on this feature request. Adding attachments on iOS is something we also really want and we're getting closer to that mark on our wish list. :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, would like to be able to add attachments from iOS. Add my voice to the choir.

• timben
    timben
    Community Member
    Options

I used Apple's Aperture on my iMac to drag photos of doc's onto 1Password "attachments". Now with Apple's new "Photos" for iMac, I've tried to do the same thing, but it won't work. I've had to revert to Aperture which as you know is "going out of business" this summer.

This discussion has been closed.