1Password not detecting Dropbox file for syncing in IOS8

Options
IanMa
IanMa
Community Member

I have an iPhone running IOS8 which I have installed the Dropbox app which has the 1Password folder and the agilekeychain data. I have subsequently installed 1Password and when I select the "existing user" option and select the Dropbox option for my data, it detects my Dropbox and prompts me to allow access. When I allow access 1Password tries to access my Dropbox but then iPassword terminates abruptly. If I then restart 1Password it tells me 1Password unexpectedly quit and asks me if I want to send the error report. Can I run 1Password on IOS8 and link to a existing Dropbox agilekeychain file?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @IanMa,

Not at the moment, there's an issue with selecting Dropbox in 1Password on iOS 8. We do plan to release an iOS 8 compatibility update later this fall when iOS 8 is released that'll fix the Dropbox sync issue.

For now, you can establish the Wi-Fi sync if you want to sync with your Mac or Windows PC.

• patwoods
    patwoods
    Community Member
    Options

I am now having a very similar issue, except that I deleted the data and settings per above to re-download from DB, and cannot re-download from Dropbox on iOS any more. It quits to the homescreen. Running iOS8 beta 5 and now the app is sadly useless at the moment. Help!

• patwoods
    patwoods
    Community Member
    Options

thank you. this works for now. much appreciated :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patwoods,

I'm so glad to hear that things are working now! I apologize for the trouble - please let us know if you notice any further difficulties. :)

This discussion has been closed.