Multiple Vaults and Extension and Mini browser

Options
DougW
DougW
Community Member

So from the Browser extension or Mini Menu Item, WITHOUT logging into the Primary Vault, can you log into a secondary Vault? Or must you log into the Primary account first?

Comments

• DougW
    DougW
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I do want to say thanks for Agilebits for making all the changes they did and adding multiple Vaults feature - which was requested by others as well as myself.

May I make a few suggestions for multiple vaults.

1) 1Password App. Please implement a pulldown or contextual menu from the passers screen to pick an account to log in. Took me awhile to figure out that was hiding in the menu bar.

2) Browser Extension needs a pulldown to select Vault as well. The only way to use the browser extension with a secondary Vault (WITHOUT ACCESSING PRIMARY VAULT PRIVILEGES) is to open 1Password App first, pick a secondary vault, log on, leave the app running, and then use the extension.

If these were implemented, I think some of the confusion to PREVIOUS users of 1Password3 would be solved.

• Hi @DougW,

You can switch vaults in 1Password mini, while on the lock screen, by clicking on the 1Password icon (a list of your vaults will appear), or using keyboard shortcuts ⌘1-⌘9 (each vault is assigned a ⌘# shortcut).

• DougW
    DougW
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks yes. But only after you log into the Primary Vault. I am writing up a nice Help article how to make this all work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @DougW,

A different vault can be selected while 1Password is locked, both with the main application:

… and 1Password mini:

With the main application, you can press Command-0 (⌘0) to display a list of vaults to select from:

That also works after unlocking.

I hope this helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.