Master Password change

mac1
mac1
Community Member

Did I change the Master Password for iPad also change the Master Password on the iPhone? I changed my Master Password on iPad and for iPhone was the old master Pasword...
mac1

Comments

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member

I have another problem. Please, can someone help me and point me out what should I've done or what I'm doing wrong?
    I changed the Master Password to access 1Password for iPad and iPhone. I'm doing the Dropbox sync. And it seems everything is OK but I can not enter the 1Password file from a desktop computer at home because I get a message such as at link:
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/1passwordanywhere_troubleshooting.html
    What I'm doing wrong? Home desktop PC system works on Widnows XP.
    From the log into the Dropbox account everything working and I can access the 1Password file and read the data.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mac1,

Did I change the Master Password for iPad also change the Master Password on the iPhone?

Changes to your Master Password should sync across all devices. If you lock your iPhone and try to unlock it with the new Master Password, is it accepted?

And it seems everything is OK but I can not enter the 1Password file from a desktop computer at home because I get a message such as at link: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/1passwordanywhere_troubleshooting.html What I'm doing wrong? Home desktop PC system works on Widnows XP. From the log into the Dropbox account everything working and I can access the 1Password file and read the data.

I'm not quite sure I understand where things are getting tangled up here. It sounds like when you log in to Dropbox you can access the 1Password.html file and view 1PasswordAnywhere. How are you trying to access the 1Password.html file from your desktop that is giving you the error message?

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member

I'm not quite sure I understand where things are getting tangled up here. It sounds like when you log in to Dropbox you can access the 1Password.html file and view 1PasswordAnywhere. How are you trying to access the 1Password.html file from your desktop that is giving you the error message?

I seek in Windows XP at lower right corner of the screen and open the Dropbox folder in the directory Apps/ 1Password /1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html password file. When I click on the file dialog appears for entering MasterPassword but with a message about whom I wrote about earlier.
    Login and access into the 1Password.html file from Dropbox does not present obstacles.
    Despite the above problems, 1Password is a brilliant and fresh program!:)

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member

Changes to your Master Password should sync across all devices. If you lock your iPhone and try to unlock it with the new Master Password, is it accepted?

Once I've changed my MasterPassword simply from the iPad, and the second time from the iPhone. In this way, I have two devices with the same password. I know that this is not a good way but this is only way I could cope with the change of password on both devices.

• Hi @mac1‌,

I seek in Windows XP at lower right corner of the screen and open the Dropbox folder in the directory Apps/ 1Password /1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html password file. When I click on the file dialog appears for entering MasterPassword but with a message about whom I wrote about earlier. Login and access into the 1Password.html file from Dropbox does not present obstacles. Despite the above problems, 1Password is a brilliant and fresh program!:)

This is normal. The browsers no longer allow files to be referenced if loaded from the file system directly. It can load the html file, but that cannot reference back to the data and the encryption keys. Going through Dropbox.com is the only route right now.

Once I've changed my MasterPassword simply from the iPad, and the second time from the iPhone. In this way, I have two devices with the same password. I know that this is not a good way but this is only way I could cope with the change of password on both devices.

Its odd that the Master Password change did not sync across, because it should. You did the right thing by updating it separately on iPhone, as well, since it did not appear to sync across for some reason.

Just something to keep in mind, when you change it on one device, the old Master Password will still work on the other device until the new one is used. Then the new encryption keys are validated and the old ones invalidated.

This discussion has been closed.