Master Password not accepted in Android App

Options
virtualbartek
virtualbartek
Community Member

I've tried deleting cache, files, uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting dropbox synch, and re enabling it. No matter what I do, the Android app does not accept my master password. This is really frustrating. I have an Samsung G SII with the most up to date Android available for that model phone.

THanks,
VB

Comments

• virtualbartek
    virtualbartek
    Community Member
    Options

I've even just installed the latest BETA version with the same results. Unusable.

• virtualbartek
    virtualbartek
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

• virtualbartek
    virtualbartek
    Community Member
    Options

I've sorted the problem and it had nothing to do with 1Password. I had my keyboard replaced a few months back. It used to be British and now is US. My password included a character that is different between the two keyboards. I can't believe I even figured it out. It was by chance. I was showing my wife the password which I stored within 1Password and clicked on reveal and to my surprise was different from what I was typing. Weird.

• saad
    Options

Hi @virtualbartek‌. I'm sorry about the trouble you were experiencing with your master password. 1Password is actually indifferent to character set and character encoding choice. It will use whatever is passed to it. The difficulty is that different operating systems and keyboards can hand a different chunk of data to 1Password depending on the system it was entered on even if it is the "same" from the user's point of view.

With that said, I'm happy to hear you managed to resolve this issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Rabendoktor
    Rabendoktor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

I got the same prob - using 1P for a long time to sync my Macs (via ownCloud, no prob at all), I just got 1P for android and tried to use my tresor on my Galaxy S4. No chance, my masterpassword (which ist typed in correctly for certain, as I see the characters for a short moment after typing, so no question of keyboard) is rejected immediately...

What to do?

THANKS 4 help,

Rabendoktor

• saad
    Options

Hi @Rabendoktor‌. A small number of users that are also using ownCloud on Android are experiencing similar issues with 1Password. It seems as if the encryptionKeys.js file (located within 1Password data folder) is not syncing on to the Android filesystem. Could you try copying the 1Password data folder (.agilekeychain) onto your device via USB and let me know if you're experiencing the same issue. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.