1Password cannot be installed [resolved: disabled Little Snitch during 1Password setup]

Options
deiure
deiure
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Dear all,

I have the following problem. I was using 1Password 3 for quite a long time now, yesterday I decided to switch to 1Password 4 and bought the upgrade. After downloading the app from the website I moved it into the Applications folder. After starting the app, the welcome screen showed up, but it look slightly different as on the website. After clicking on finish, nothing happened and the 1Password window did not show up. When I click on window on the top and then on 1Password, the 1Password window shows up and looks as if there was a vault activated. When I enter the master password, nothing happens. When I click on 1Password on the top add a new vault and delete the old vault is grayed. In the preferences screen, the sync window has not contents. Deleting and reinstalling (including everything in the application support folder) has not helped.

I am using Mac OSX 10.9.4.

Has anyone an idea what the problem can be or how I can change it?

Thanks

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deiure,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the 1Password 4 upgrade. We'd like to get a closer look at your current configuration to see where things are getting tangled up.

To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. After reviewing it we'll be able to better assist you with getting 1Password 4 working smoothly. Thanks in advance!

• deiure
    deiure
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks sjk for your answer, I had already contacted the support, but I thought it might help to also post the question to the forum. As the auto-reply said, that there is a huge amount of support queries and the answer will take extraordinary long. However I received a reply already todays morning (European time). But maybe someone experience a similar problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deiure‌

You are of course always welcome to post to the forums! Unfortunately, with the type of issue that you report here, we will need to take a closer look at your system to determine where things are getting tangled up. I did a quick search of our email system, using the email address attached to your forum account, and I see that someone from our team is already helping you with this issue. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid getting things confused between here and there.

ref: VNP-68575-525

• deiure
    deiure
    Community Member
    Options

Thats fine, though I hope it can be solved soon, as I cannot access my passwords on my Mac anymore. Only on iOS devices, but thats not the intention...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deiure,

Our team will get you sorted out just as soon as possible! I sincerely apologize for the frustration.

• deiure
    deiure
    Community Member
    Options

Everything could be solved perfectly through a telephone call :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deiure‌,

I took a quick peek in our email system, and it appears that you have already had a phone call with someone on our team, and that your issue is resolved! I'm so glad to hear that things are sorted out for you now. Thanks so much for your patience. :)

This discussion has been closed.