Feature Request: Barcodes for membership and loyalty cards in 1Password

paulhey
paulhey
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

Hi!
Some time ago I converted all my physical membership and loyalty cards (which had just a number and the corresponding barcode on it) into 1Password entries. I was wondering if it wouldn’t be handy if those numbers/IDs could be displayed as barcodes within each 1Password entry. Would be handy at cash desk.

Cheers,
Paul

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Some folks attach an image of the barcode to the record to accomplish what you suggest. To do that, though, you would need to add the attachment on the desktop and sync it over to iOS. At present there is no provision to add attachments in the iOS version itself.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting us know that you're interested in something like this! You're not the first person to suggest such an option (and personally, I think it would be pretty awesome as well.) So I've added a vote for you to the existing request in our issue tracker. :)

ref: FR-49

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member

Hi Megan. Would you please add my vote for this feature request? I can't stand carrying around all those loyalty cards. ;)

• Hi @GadgetComa,

I've added your vote. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• jennifer
    jennifer
    Community Member

Please add my vote for this feature as well! Being able to add loyalty cards via the camera with iOS would be super cool.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jennifer,

Thanks so much for adding your vote here. :)

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

I want to vote for adding membership and loyalty cards in 1Password too

• Thanks! Noted.

• uncledrew44
    uncledrew44
    Community Member

This feature would definitely push me over the fence to buy the pro-version, count a vote in for me

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @uncledrew44 ,

That's great to know! ;)

• Kmpu
    Kmpu
    Community Member

Add my vote as well. I'm currently storing one time password sheets, and photos of my passport / Id cards and loyalty cards in a different app. Would be great to have all secure items in 1Password

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kmpu,

Thanks for the feedback! :)

For now, keep in mind that if you use 1Password on a Mac or Windows computer, you can add attachments to 1Password on the computer and sync them to 1Password for iOS.

• azjohnnyo
    azjohnnyo
    Community Member

Count my vote in!! I'd love to eliminate another couple apps from my iPhone!!

azjohnnyo
    "What if the Hokey Pokey "IS" what its all about?"

• Thanks for the votes, folks. :)

• Glb
    Glb
    Community Member

I would love this implemented in 1 password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! No promises, but we can certainly consider adding barcode support in a future version. :)

• Dolcevita326
    Dolcevita326
    Community Member

Please add my vote to allow barcodes in 1Password. I would love it so much - this should count as 50 votes :) Your app is awesome so far.

• It wouldn't really be fair if we let someone vote for the same feature more than once ;) but thanks for letting us know, @Dolcevita326.

Ben

• vdams
    vdams
    Community Member

+1 for me.
    Basic feature: It could be a barcode generator based on numbers completed in a field. (and before, manually, user have to write numbers in the field)
    Advanced future: using camera to scan membershipcard, convert in numbers and complete field

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vdams: I think having OCR would be awesome! I hope we're able to add these features in a future version. :chuffed:

• borborbor
    borborbor
    Community Member

I want to vote for adding membership and loyalty cards with barcode in 1Password too

• Thanks, @borborbor. Vote added!

• tmaier
    tmaier
    Community Member

+1 from me, too
    Should allow to show barcodes (different formats) and QR codes. This would cover the most important use case and feature of services like http://stocard.de

• jbcaro
    jbcaro
    Community Member

Would be a great reason for some to upgrade to the Pro version (I'm currently a pro user). I'm also currently using another app for loyalty cards but it is not reaching its full potential. Would be a welcome addition to 1Password Pro. Count my vote in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! Perhaps we'll be able to add this feature in the future. :)

• julienlemalin
    julienlemalin
    Community Member

One vote from me

• julienlemalin
    julienlemalin
    Community Member

by the way Fidall has all the features you can dream of in a loyalty cards management app. Add all of these in 1password and I'd be a very happy camper. You could mix the loyalty card barcode for use at a shop and the log in for use online.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi @julienlemalin,

Thanks for adding your vote here! I’ll let our developers know you’re interested in seeing something like this.

ref: OPI-2284