Firefox plugin doesn't show on modal windows

Options
OverByDan
OverByDan
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hello there!

This is a specific problem for the Firefox plugin, however there isn't a dedicated forum for it, and as I am getting this problem on my Mac, I felt this was the best place to start.

If you have a modal window, i.e. one that opens using JavaScript, for me at least, the 1Password window doesn't display (other plugins, such as AdBlock Plus do), I also cannot access it through the context menu either.

An example of this can be found on Mozilla's Persona page, I've attached two screenshots displaying the issue.
You can find the page yourself by going to https://login.persona.org/ and clicking "Sign In" in the top right.

Hope this helps diagnose the issue!

Note: I am aware I'm in private mode, this does also happen in the standard browser mode, I just didn't want to have to sign out. Obviously I can create screenshots in normal mode if need be.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys,

Dan.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What happens if you use ⌘\ (to fill in direct from 1P mini) when that window is displayed? (I can't test it because the sign in tells me I need to use Firefox—which I am. Must be some extension blocking it for me but don't really want to work through all of them trying to work out which it is!)

Stephen

• OverByDan
    OverByDan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply by the way!
    I used the shortcut you mentioned and this allowed me (first) to input my email, I then manually hit next.
    After this I am presented with a email & password box, with the email pre-filled from the last page.

I then again use the shortcut to input my password, and then hit the sign in button..

So, 1Password Mini allowed me to input the data (no need to copy and paste etc) but didn't submit the forms automatically.

Since my post I've installed a couple of other extentions (I'm just getting used to using Firefox for a bit) and these show up on the modal box, but 1Password doesn't..

Hope this helps!

Dan.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, Dan ( @OverByDan ). :)

Glad that @Stephen_C could help you out, even with this Mozilla Persona site being uncooperative with Firefox for him.

Thanks for the detailed report of these issues; I can reproduce them all. At least a partial workaround for ones that 1Password has with "modal" popup windows in Firefox is to enable Open new windows in a new tab instead under Preferences > Tabs:

I prefer that behaviour, but of course you and other folks might not.

Auto-submit will fail on both pages, regardless of which browser is used, and I don't have any workaround for that.

I'm filing an internal bug report; thanks again for yours! :)

• OverByDan
    OverByDan
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi Sjk,

Thanks for that update. If you need to get hold of the Persona team for anything that may help, best option is to catch them on #identity on irc.mozilla.org.

Thanks for your suggestions, and I'll action that, at least for the time being!

Dan

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm adding that Mozilla Persona contact info to the bug report, Dan. Thanks for your assistance with this. :)

This discussion has been closed.