Syncing 1Password 4 with iPhone and iPad

Options
Bernie Katz
Bernie Katz
Community Member

I was wondering which is the best way to sync the device. I recently synced from my iPhone and my Mac version had extra logins, credit cards etc
All were good but because some were spelled a little differently it created a new entry on the Mac. So my question is, do you correct all entries in the mac and then sync to iCloud or dropbox and then your iPhone is matched, rather then syncing from the iPhone to the cloud to the mac.

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bernie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up here, but I'm not quite sure I understand where things are getting tangled up for you. As long as you pick one computer or device to do your edits on, the changes should get synced to all other devices, whether you are using iCloud or Dropbox. The tricky part comes in if you make an edit to the same entry on multiple devices - then 1Password will have to determine which edit is newer, and you may seem some 'conflict' fields.

So, if you're looking to update your database and correct those differently spelled entries, just ensure that you make all the changes on one device, and everything should sync over just fine. :)

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.