'never Synced' message

Options
jnxyz
jnxyz
Community Member

Hi there - I have used iCloud and dropbox in the past to sync my passwords with no major issues - but at present no matter which one I use the dialogue box just says 'never synced'. I've un-ticked and changed options and re-ticked etc. At the same time 1password on my iPhone doesn't seem to be syncing either. Please help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jnxyz,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up! Please note than when setting up sync you will initially see the 'never synced' message, but that will change once 1Password has had an opportunity to perform a sync. I would also caution you from changing back and forth between sync methods too frequently. It's best to pick the solution that best fits your needs and stick with that.

If you let me know whether you prefer iCloud or Dropbox sync, I can provide you with some instructions on how to get sorted out. :)

• jnxyz
    jnxyz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan - I will try sticking with dropbox for now - but even after a few days, the never synced message remains...

• Hi @jnxyz,

Could you please try re-setting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Let us know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.