Login problem at MySocialSecurity site [auto-submit fails; known issue, will be fixed]

Options
wilson0724
wilson0724
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

When I login to this site outside of 1password...everything is fine. There's a login screen with username & password. Then, there's a second screen requiring a "check" at the bottom of a document.

So I have my 1password set up with two logins. When I execute the first 1password login, it takes me to the social security site, but it shows a message that says, "We're sorry, we can't complete your request at this time. Please try again later." There's no message saying it doesn't recognize my username/password...it just tells me to try again later. I've gotten this response several times, and I've rechecked my 1password login information, and everything seems to be correct.

Is there something about it being a "secure" government site??? Help...all my other logins are working fine with 1password.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wilson0724‌

Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• wilson0724
    wilson0724
    Community Member
    Options

Will do. Thanks for the quick response.

• wilson0724
    wilson0724
    Community Member
    Options

Should I skip the second login for this test...for now?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wilson0724‌

Let's deal with the Login that seems to be causing the problem, are they both acting up? Saving a new Login manually (as in my steps above) is always our first step in troubleshooting. It solves a lot of issues, and at the very least, it ensures we're working with the most up-to-date information from the website.

• wilson0724
    wilson0724
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. The "test" login now brings up the sign on screen, and fills in the username and password. But it does not automatically move to the second screen where I have to "check" the terms of service.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wilson0724,

That's a good sign - looks like we're making progress! I've got two things for you to check now:

• Is 'Automatically submit logins after filling' checked in Preferences > Browser?
    • If so, please find the entry you just created and select the 'Edit' option. Scroll right to the bottom of the pane - what is the 'submit' option?

• wilson0724
    wilson0724
    Community Member
    Options

"Automatically submit" is enabled in my preferences, and "submit when enabled" is currently selected for the login.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wilson0724‌

Thanks for confirming that for me. It should be submitting then ... unless the site is doing something wonky. Could you send me the URL that you're using?

• wilson0724
    wilson0724
    Community Member
    Options

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

Need anything else, just let me know. Thanks for your help so far.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wilson0724‌

Thanks so much for sending that URL in! I've done some testing here and I'm seeing the same behaviour as you are. After searching our internal issue tracker, it looks like our developers are already working to solve the auto-submit issue with this site. I don't have much detail for you on when it will be working properly again, but we'll do our best to get it sorted soon!

In the meantime, you'll just have to click that 'Sign In' button manually. I do apologize for the inconvenience. :)

ref: OPX-133

• wilson0724
    wilson0724
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much. When it's corrected, will I just see it magically show up in my login...or will I have to just know when it's been corrected and then make changes to my login detail?

• Hi @wilson0724,

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome.

Once this is fixed, it should simply start working for you without any changes by you. :)

This discussion has been closed.