1Password extension doesn't fill in properly with no username field

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the update, @jmreekes‌. Just to be clear, you're using the latest 5.3 beta?

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

I am. I'm using 503002

• Cool, thanks. I'll get it filed.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

The issue is present in beta 503003 as well

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

In beta 502102, I'm not getting the message I was before but it's still not filling in the password. If I go back to the extension, I get this message in the screenshot. iPhone 5 running 8.1.3

• Hi @jmreekes,

Can you kill the 1Password app in the background and the app hosting the extension as well. Open 1Password, unlock, make sure everything's solid and then open the other app. Does everything seem more stable?

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

@MikeT that helped some. The extension still won't prefill the password on that particular Kickstarter page, but works fine on every other page I've tried. Maybe it's a security thing with Kickstarter.

• Hi @jmreekes,

The good news is that I got that verification page with the password field only. The bad news is that I can't make the extension fill nor can I get the error.

Just to be clear, you're not getting any errors, just that it doesn't fill the password, right?

I've saved the page, so we can do the testing locally.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

@MikeT that's correct. I was getting an error on betas 503002 and 503003, but now it is simply not filling the password. I just tried it again to verify and no error, just not filling the password. Currently running beta 502102

• Great, thanks!

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

@MikeT I went to the same Kickstarter page in my Mac and was able to fill the password through the Safari extension. I know this may not help much, but it does narrow the problem down to the iOS extension

• @jmreekes Are you using the latest beta version of 1Password for Mac?

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

@MrRooni I'm using the latest public release on my Mac, I'm not part of the Mac beta (I'm rarely near my iMac and feel I wouldn't be able to test it properly with me b

• The new betas are using a new version of our filling algorithm. If you're using the current shipping version of 1Password for Mac that may explain the discrepancy. Thanks for getting back to us.

• Hi @jmreekes,

I believe I know what the problem is and it is what we're already investigating for a while now, it has to do with some of our filling libraries being compiled for 64-bit only and your iPhone 5 is a 32-bit CPU, that's why I can't reproduce it on my iPhone 5S running the 64-bit CPU.

We'll get this fixed to work on 32-bit devices as well.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

Great.

• MikeT
    edited February 2015

Keep an eye out on this in the changelog, we will try to mention the 32-bit support for the filling system. I'll also update this thread as soon as I have more information to share.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

@MikeT @MrRooni I just tried this on beta 503005 and it filled the password correctly. I tried it on two different Kickstarter pages and it worked both times. (I know the picture doesn't really prove anything but I figured why not include it) I'll keep testing this when I can.

• Hi @jmreekes,

That's great news. I didn't see anything about the fix and when I saw your post, I asked Rad, and he said it should definitely be fixed in the latest beta.

So, there you go, the fix made it but we didn't include it in the changelog.

Awesome! Thanks for being patient with us as we worked to fix this.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

@MikeT sweet. You're welcome, I knew the pesky critter would tracked down at some point.

• Yep, it definitely was a pesky one. Now, on to the next pesky critter. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.