1Password for Mac out of Sync with 1Password for iPad/iPhone

Options
scubaguy
scubaguy
Community Member

I've recently discovered that my 1PW setup is not in sync, i.e. that password changes on one aren't reflected on the other. I'm using 1PW 4.4.1 under Yosemite DP6 and the latest 1PW versions under iOS. Syncing is set for iCloud on both, bus somehow it seems they're accessing different sync files.
Can somebody direct me to how I can check the backup files and bring them back into sync?
Many thanks!

Comments

• Hi @scubaguy,

1Password doesn't support iCloud sync on the OS X Yosemite beta or the iOS 8 beta at the moment. For now, we recommend you use Dropbox sync instead.

• scubaguy
    scubaguy
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks Jasper, that would explain it ... but why is it possible to enable iCloud sync on both Yosemite and iOS 8 betas?

Also, I tried to set both iPhone 5s and iPad 3rd gen (both on the latest iOS 8 beta) to DropBox sync, and both crashed 1PW. I guess there's still some work to be done before September (or whenever iOS 8 is released)... Yosemite works fine.

• Hi @scubaguy,

The old iCloud functionality is still present in the app, even though it's broken at the moment. We're working to get iCloud sync working again.

Unfortunately, there's also a known issue affecting some users on iOS 8 beta 5 that is causing the app to crash when enabling Dropbox sync (we've already fixed the issue in a beta version).

Because of issues such as these, we don't recommend running the iOS and OS X betas on primary devices you rely on.

• scubaguy
    scubaguy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks (again) Jasper. I'm aware of the dangers of using betas on production equipment and bear the risks and disadvantages every now and then :(( I'm just glad to read that you're aware of the crash bug and that you're working on it. That's enough for me ... until all is fixed I'll simply make changes on one machine/device only.

Thanks, again!

• Hi @scubaguy‌,

A workaround alternative for now is to use Wi-Fi sync.

This discussion has been closed.