Can't use 1Password 4 on Mavericks

Options
ADDavis
ADDavis
Community Member

Hi. I purchased v4 for iPad about 6 months ago but have not been able to use it, as I could only use v3 on my Mac.

I have now purchased v4 for Mac, but on install I was told to remove the browser extension for v3 from Safari. The help page asks you to do a test by setting up a new login to test that the browser has transferred all passwords to the app.

The help page unhelpfully does not seem to tell you what to do if the test is unsuccessful and the test login does not transfer to the app.

So I'm stuck with unusable v4s of each of the IOS and Mac apps.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

As well as removing the 1P3 extension from Safari did you install the 1P4 extension? If not, go to 1P4 > Install Browser Extensions... and do so from there, which should fix the problem.

Stephen

• ADDavis
    ADDavis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen. I ignored the instructions on removing the 1P3 extension and hoped no data was lost. I installed the new extension and I have now got version 4 in Mac and IOS working. And I don't think any data was lost.

Appreciate your help.
    A

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You should not have both the 1P3 extension and the 1P4 extension installed at the same time: see, for example, this post. If you do still have the 1P3 extension installed I suggest you remove it now. (Sorry if I've misunderstood you and you've removed it anyway!)

Stephen

• HortNut
    HortNut
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings! I've installed 1PW4 (4.4.1 Build 441006), on my iMac which is running OSX 10.9.4. but can't get the Safari extension to install. I've followed the advice given in other posts (e.g. remove the plist) all to no avail. All I get is a message saying "Safari can't install this extension An error occurred while installing the extension "1Password""

Here's the info on the downloaded file from the Get Info cmd: https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/ext/1Password-4.2.1.safariextz, https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/25493/can-t-install-safari-1password-extension.

The file size is shown as 161kb.

BTW, I do get a key icon in the menu bar. When I select it the first line says to "Add Safari Extension" which try to I do. See above;-))

Would much appreciate an assist to get me up and running. Thanks!

HortNut

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There have been previous discussions about failure to install the Safari extension. Sometimes the problem has been resolved by re-starting Safari. Have you tried that? There is a long post from MikeT (of AgileBits) here trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

Stephen

• HortNut
    HortNut
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen, I've restarted Safari and the computer with no success. I keep getting the same error message., "An error occurred....." I read Mike T's posting but my sense is that he's still gathering info to try and see if there are any patterns that might help solve the problem. I've tried without success every suggestion I've read in the forums. Frustrating!

Cheers

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @HortNut‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble here. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• HortNut
    HortNut
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, I just sent the diagnostic report via your Troubleshooting app. To add another ingredient to the stew, before I received your note I had just tried to download an extension from Apple's Extension website and got the same error message "an error had occurred and the extension couldn't be installed. "

Cheers, HortNut

• Jasper
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks for the additional information! We've also received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from our email support team will review it and get back to you as soon as possible. :)

internal reference number: 456306

This discussion has been closed.