Master Password Syncing question via Dropbox [Resolved: Reset and Re-sync]

Options
Erxk
Erxk
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

A few months ago I changed my master password, and it syncs on multiple other macs, and iOS devices, except for one. That one is still using an older MP. All the data syncs just fine, but I want to blow away the copy on the non-updated machine and resync with the new MP. Any tips or best practices? I'm worried about removing the data from dropbox and losing the files on all other machines. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• chrisdj
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Erxk‌,

Definitely do not get rid of the Dropbox data. That is what you will want to re-sync from. We will need to remove the local data on the particular device.

Is this device Mac or iOS? If Mac, is it from the Mac App Store or our web store? Once I know those answers, I can walk you through getting it reset and re-synced. :)

• Erxk
    Erxk
    Community Member
    Options

Mac App store; Mac OS X 10.9.4. Thanks!

• chrisdj
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks, @Erxk‌!

Do this only on the device that is out of the loop.

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Quit 1Password.
    • Open the Finder.
    • Select the Go menu, then Go to Folder.
    • Copy & paste the next line into the prompt, including the tilde symbol.

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/

• Click the Go button.
    • Remove the Data folder.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

It should find your data in Dropbox and ask to use it. That should get things up to date.

• Erxk
    Erxk
    Community Member
    Options

Solved it, thanks a bunch!

• Great to hear @Erxk‌! You're very welcome!

I'm going to close the thread now.

This discussion has been closed.