Can I share log ins & passwords with my workers?

Options
yanno88
yanno88
Community Member

Is there anyway to do this like LastPass has ?

for me to give my workers access to a log in but for them not to see the password??

this is a must feature for me

Comments

• Hi @yanno88‌,

You can set up a shared vault using a Dropbox shared folder. However, we do not yet have access control, so once you give someone access, they can see the same things you can, and have full edit control. This guide discusses everything you need to know about sharing.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Silly question but how does LastPass stop guests from seeing a password? Surely any piece of Javascript designed to unhide passwords in a browser would reveal them? I know as I've used such a thing to recover a password only stored by Opera many moons ago. Just curious really.

• Hi @littlebobbytables‌,

I can't speak to LastPass. What I can speak to is 1Password. Our extension's interface is drawn natively by 1Password mini on the Mac (or the helper on Windows). When you reveal a password, it is still inside our native code. That said, once you fill a login into the browser, it is in the browser's hands just as if you had manually typed it in. But for anything you do inside of 1Password, you're safe.

Unless, you know, you reveal a password on your screen with a nefarious person looking over your shoulder. Always check your shoulders if you're in a public place.

This discussion has been closed.