Premature MP prompts with TouchID enabled

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: The big thread on TouchID issues with 1Password 4.6 betas.

Comments

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still getting a master password prompt prematurely with background app refresh on in b21.

• Hi @fatherfork,

I've split your last post out into its own thread here. I want to focus on reproducing this with you, so we can figure out what's going on since others are not able to reproduce this.

Can you tell me if you've ever reset the TouchID database on your iPhone? By resetting, I mean this set of instructions:

1. Turn off TouchID in 1Password, open the app switcher and quit 1Password
    2. Go to iPhone settings and turn off TouchID (both for unlocking the phone and for iTunes and App Store)
    3. Disable the passcode and then re-enable it
    4. Turn TouchID back on and then turn TouchID on in 1Password
    5. Test again with background refresh back on, see if it works better
  • fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

I had reset Touch ID a while back when I restored my phone to get one of the early betas working, but I'll try it again. I can confirm, though, that 1password prompts me for a master password prematurely whether background app refresh is enabled or disabled. This lends credence to the notion that resetting Touch ID may help.

I'll report back tomorrow.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, after resetting Touch ID just as you instructed, I'm still being prompted for the master password even within a few hours. Background refresh is on.

On top of that, about every other launch, the lock screen (before the password prompt) hangs, forcing me to go home, the tap the app icon again to get prompted for either the MP or Touch ID. I don't have to force quit to move past this, only tap the home button and open the app again.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

Regarding the lock screen hang, I just installed the latest beta, and so will report through the built in diagnostics when it happens again.

• Hi @fatherfork,

Do you have Xcode installed? I was wondering if you can open the Xcode's Device manager and monitor the console to see if there are errors coming from 1Password the next time you see the hang.

I'm thinking we're still having issues with the background refresh but you said it is still happening even with it being disabled.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't seen the hang or MP prompt since my last post (BAR enabled) except under expected circumstances (got the MP prompt after a restart today). So things are looking good.

I have an old version of Xcode installed, but I won't be able to update or check the console until I get back home next Friday. I'll keep you updated here with MP prompt reports in the meantime. Assume for now that no news is good news.

• Hi @fatherfork,

Progress is going in the right direction, so that's good. :D

If by old version you mean Xcode 5, it should still work even with the iOS 8 version on your device.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

Fist time opening 1P since last night, got promoted for MP. BAR enabled.

• Hi @fatherfork,

So it has been working just fine until now, when you use it for the first time today. Was it the extension in Safari or the main app?

Can you tell me if you were doing anything before that? I assume you're not yet back home, so no messages from Xcode. I do have one idea, can you check your diagnostics in Settings to see if there was a crash from 1Password in the background at that time?

To get to the diagnostics:

1. Open the Settings app and go to Privacy to tap on Diagnostics & Usage
    2. Tap on Diagnostic & Usage Data and see if there are any reports from 1Password around the time you saw the MP prompt. If yes, can you upload it or email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread.

Thanks!

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

Sent with last log.

• Hi @fatherfork,

Thanks, I got the report and have replied to your email with a few questions there.

Email Ticket ref: ZGW-11185-796

This discussion has been closed.