Would like to sync 1Password so that I can use it on both my Mac Book Air laptops

Options
Dora Ziambra
Dora Ziambra
Community Member

Hello,
i have been using 1Password on my personal MBA via chrome. Now, I have a MBA for work and also use Chrome so I need to make 1Password sync somehow because I do not know my passwords.
I have downloaded the Chrome extension but it needs to sync my 1Password from my personal MBA. I tried saving to Dropbox (under Preferences, there is no Sync button but under General, I can see Move to Dropbox. Button is not greyed out but when I do click on it, it tells me download the client at dropbox.com even though the client is there and working properly.

Any ideas?

I seem to be running 3.8.22 version and it tells me that it is updated.

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi Dora,

Let's get a good idea of what all you have for sure. For both the home and work computer, let me know the following:

• Version of OS X? ( menu > About This Mac)
    • Version of 1Password? (1Password menu > About 1Password) Just want to be certain here on both.
    • Dropbox installed and signed into the same account?

Once I know that for both Macs, I can help figure things out.

• Dora Ziambra
    Dora Ziambra
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, thank you for this.
    the Mac Books Airs are the same. OS X 10.9.4 - 1Password is 4.4.1 in the one I want to sync (Work) and the personal has 3.8.22 (but tells me it is the latest version - when I do check for updates). The dropbox is synced on both machines, one Dropbox Work and one Dropbox Personal.

So, it seems that the only difference is the 1Password version on my personal MBA but I do not know how to update it.
    Thank you

• Hi Dora,

You should install 1Password 4 for Mac on your personal Mac. That will help quite a bit. You can get it here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Make sure your work Mac is syncing to Dropbox, and that the 1Password.agilekeychain file in Dropbox also appears on your home Mac. When you launch 1Password 4 on the home Mac, it should see the file and ask to use it.

Also, if you use Dropbox for Business, where it can separate Personal and Work, be sure both Macs are using either the Personal side or the Work side of Dropbox, so that way they are syncing to the same place.

This discussion has been closed.