Wi-fi Sync

Options
Zach Rogers
Zach Rogers
Community Member

I have my vaults (5 total) syncing between two computers using a shared data file on a NAS. I do not want to use iCloud or DropBox for this. On the iPhone its my understanding that my only option is to use Wi-fi sync. However I am unable to sync anything except my primary vault. When I try to add another vault I have to start it using Dropbox. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Zach,

At this time, Wi-Fi sync is only available for the primary vault. Our developers would love to expand this feature in the future, and I'm happy to add a vote for you to the issue in our internal tracker - thanks for the feedback!

ref: OPI-504

• Zach Rogers
    Zach Rogers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to pull the vault from a file on my NAS from the iOS version? Or is there any way to have the version on my computer sync with dropbox and the NAS?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Zach,

Unfortunately iOS can only sync using iCloud or Wi-Fi (for the primary vault) or Dropbox (for any/all vaults). There is no way to pull a file from your NAS using the iOS app. The Mac app as well can only support a single sync solution at a time. We're always looking to improve the sync options available for 1Password users, as we know it is an important feature for you all.

If you're considering Dropbox as an alternative, I'd like to assure you that the security of your 1Password data never depends on the security of the sync solution that you are using. Your data file is encrypted with an exceedingly secure encryption algorithm called AES. Even if someone were to acquire a copy of your 1Password data file, it would be extremely difficult (approaching impossible in a human lifetime) for them to actually gain access to your passwords without your Master Password. In short, we believe it is just as secure as having the data on your laptop. To learn more about cloud data security, have a read through the following article.

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/cloud_storage_security.html

And you can see the thoughts behind our data format's design here.

https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/security-overview

Also, you can check out our blog for many more articles that go into the nitty gritty math behind what makes 1Password so secure.

http://blog.agilebits.com/tag/cryptography_/

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• somainer
    somainer
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote for ability to sync more than just primary vault via wifi

• Noted @somainer‌, thanks!

• galmeida
    galmeida
    Community Member
    Options

please, add one more vote!!

No Wi-Fi sync is blocking me from using multiple vaults

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Done @galmeida! Merci!