The layout. One 2009 iMac. One 2008 MacBook Pro. Why? [resolved]

Options
DTM
DTM
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

The layout. One 2009 iMac. One 2008 MacBook Pro. Both running same version of Yosemite. As of today 14A343f.

1PW works fine. Working fine for each build so far. But for each build, and just posting here today because I'm intrigued - the MacBook Pro Safari extension has always worked fine. The iMac has always given me (null) Vault. Sooo…

I did the logical - copy the MacBook Pro Extension to iMac - install and (null) Vault when I click on the 1PW icon in Safari on iMac. MBP - working fine as always. So funny.

Both computers running pretty much Apple software. Not a lot of "weird" software. Basic stuff.

As I said - double click 1PW app. Opens and works fine on both. 1PW mini in Menu Bar - fine, Login and go. Safari on iMac (null) Vault - Safari on MBP works fine. Login and and get PW for a site.

I use 1PW from the MAS.

I know it's a non-supported OS - I'm just posting because it's just to friggin' weird to not be asking why? LOL That;s fun for me. Sadly.

Comments

• Hi @DTM‌,

The null vault error happens when something is blocking the extension from talking to 1Password mini. Do you have a VPN, third-party Firewall, Proxy, or Anti-virus on the iMac? If so, make sure 127.0.01 is whitelisted. It can also be called localhost.

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

No none of that.

• Hi @DTM,

Let's try this, then:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

Let me know if that straightens out the null error.

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

Nope. Did this twice. So weird - but fun

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DTM,

I'm so sorry to hear that @chrisdj's steps didn't get things sorted out for you. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your Macs:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

I solved it. Thanks for help

• Jasper
    edited September 2014
    Options

I'm glad to hear it's been solved. On behalf of Megan and Chris, you're welcome! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.