Changing Password - Not Updating

Options
murfy17
murfy17
Community Member

Just bough 1Password for Mac. Have loaded all of my logins. Now I am going through and attempting to change to new more secure passwords. On more than a few sites, when I generate new password and click “fill”, the password is successfully changed, but no window pops up asking to update 1Password with the newly generated password (so I have no idea what it is or how to save it). I tried copying to clipboard before filling, but it doesn’t paste in when I try to manually update.

Is there a workaround for this? Obviously this is a big problem, because I am left locked out without the new password.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @murfy17,

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password! I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't prompting you to update an existing Login as much as you'd like. If you can remember any of the URLs that caused you trouble, please let us know so we can see if we can train 1Password to be a bit smarter there in the future.

In general, we do have some backup plans in place for times just like this. First of all, any password that is created by the password generator will be saved in the 'Passwords' category once you click 'Fill'. Check the 'Passwords' category in the sidebar of the main app for any missing passwords. Additionally, by default, when you click 'Fill', the freshly generated password will also be copied to your clipboard. You can confirm that this option is selected by clicking on the arrow next to the 'Fill' button and ensuring that 'Copy to Clipboard Before Filling' is checked off. With this option selected, if 1Password does not prompt you to update you entry, you simply have to go to 1Password, find the entry and paste the new password into the appropriate field.

Again, you have my apologies that you've had to deal with being locked out of an account. I hope my steps help! :)

This discussion has been closed.