How to remove enabled sync options (icloud, dropbox or folder)

Options
robbertv69
robbertv69
Community Member

The manual is clearin setting up sync options like icloud/dropbox/folder, but removing one is not.
Because more then one option make you choose sync instead of auto sync if having one only (at least icloud does), id like to remove two of three.
But I dont see how to do and couldnt find it; at least nothing in the sync tab to disable/remove them.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @robbertv69,

Sync services can't actually be removed; they can only be configured or disabled. Each vault in 1Password 4 for Mac can be optionally configured with only one sync service (iCloud, Dropbox, or Folder) at a time.

To disable Folder Sync (for example) if it's enabled for the current vault, start by simply selecting Change Syncing… under the Sync tab of the Preferences window:

Leave the Delete data from the folder option disabled if you want to keep the data (the 1Password.agilekeychain Agile Keychain in this example) that's being synced with in the folder.

Or, enable that option to Trash the synced data:

Then select Disable Sync to disable syncing for that vault. In either case, this will not remove any data from your local 1Password database. The Sync tab then displays sync services (currently inactive) that can be configured with that vault:

Since that's the Demo vault, only Dropbox and Folder Sync are available.

I hope this helps. If you still have more questions about it, or anything else, please let us know. :)

ref: DOCS-169

• robbertv69
    robbertv69
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

But when i go to the sync tab, i get the last screen copy; i need to start disabling sync services from there (right?). But there no configure/change/disable functions, as image also show.
    fyi; i only have primary vault (in latest Beta version).

• robbertv69
    robbertv69
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

It is primary vault (v4,4,2,beta-4)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robbertv69,

In your screenshot all sync services are currently disabled for your primary vault. You won't be able to change/disable one until you've selected and configured one. :)

• robbertv69
    robbertv69
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

:s I got confused.
    One Mac and Ipad have iCloud sync. I assumed the other Mac (this one) was already configured, and for all three, so for me to choose which one i feel like using today for sync... With that thought i didn't realize the choice meant setting up a sync, assuming i use sync services for all three.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robbertv69,

I see how it can be confusing to open the Sync preferences, notice the three sync services there, and not know what state they're in if you've never seen how it looks when one is configured. It may appear like all three are already configured/enabled and you need to remove ones you don't want, like what happened in your case and why you asked how to do it. :)

It could be clearer that syncing is disabled until you've (optionally) selected/configured one of the services. Thank you for bringing it to our attention that this isn't as obvious as we thought it was. :)

This discussion has been closed.