Unable to create vault by syncing w/Dropbox [Network issue with Verizon LTE, works via Wi-Fi]

mathwiz777
mathwiz777
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I've been trying to set up a new vault in Beta 22 (Build 406022), and I've been unable to. I seem to be getting a kCFURLErrorCannotFindHost error when tapping the account cell in the list. Screenshot:

Comments

• Hi @mathwiz777‌,

That error means that 1Password cannot get any response from the Dropbox server. Can you try a few things for me:

1. Do you have Dropbox app installed on your iPhone? If yes, can you open it, test to see if you can get files downloaded while you're on Verizon LTE network.
    2. Switch to a Wi-Fi network and see if you can download the vault from Dropbox.
  • mathwiz777
    mathwiz777
    Community Member
    1. I couldn't connect to Dropbox via LTE, even with their app. What?!
    2. I can download the vault via Wi-Fi.

This issue has been verified as resolved and can be closed.

Thanks for your help!

• Hi @mathwiz777‌,

You're welcome! Let us know how it turns out with Verizon. We do have a lot of Verizon customers using Dropbox and any information you can share might help.

• I had this issue on AT&T. The problem is likely that you have Drobox access to cellular data disallowed.

• Hi guys,

@fitzage, that makes sense.

@mathwiz777, try going to Settings > Cellular on your iPhone and see if 1Password or Dropbox is disallowed from using the cellular data.

This discussion has been closed.