Sync with iCloud???

Options
lamarre
lamarre
Community Member

My MAC does not Sync anymore? I always receive the message: "1Password Sync problem detected------- Ignore / FIX" i have tried ignore and FIX but no success... My iPad still sync but the new info on the MAC does not come on the IPAD??? can someone help? Thank you

Comments

• Hi @lamarre‌,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with iCloud. Just because I have seen a lot of it lately, have you ever used the iOS 8 beta or Yosemite beta? Because if you have, it makes a change to your iCloud account that causes issues like this. Please let me know and we'll go from there.

• lamarre
    lamarre
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Chrisdj

No I did not used iOS 8 or Yosemite. I'm using OS X 10.9.4.

Thank you very much for your help.

regrads

• hughsbeard
    hughsbeard
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @chrisdj,

I have been having the same problem, ios7 devices sync but Mac App does not sync and shows the same "1Password Sync problem detected------- Ignore / FIX" I followed the trouble shooting steps, disable sync, erase 1password data on the ios and attempted resync but it did not work as the issue appears firmly on the Mac side (wifi sync still works). I did update a partition of my Mac to Yosemite.
    What is the next step? I am more then happy and understand If I have to wait until all devices are using the new iCloud account settings with ios8 and Yosemite.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

@lamarre: Could you please try restarting your Mac to see if that helps?

@hughsbeard: If you're having a similar issue with iCloud Sync while booted with Mavericks, can you also see if it helps to restart your Mac?

That suggestion comes via @JasperP‌, who was also recently getting the 1Password Sync - Problem detected notification while using iCloud Sync that cleared up after restarting. :)

• lamarre
    lamarre
    Community Member
    Options

Hi All

Thank you very much for all your advices. Wow! i restarted it and it does now work......... Thank you SJK.

regards

• dustinwilson
    dustinwilson
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I'm having the same problems, and a restart does nothing to fix it. 1Password on iOS doesn't have any trouble synching. I turned on two step authentication recently. I'm not sure if it's related to that.

I'd go through the steps of erasing my iCloud data and whatnot, but I can't do that through my iPhone. I can tap on the "Manage Storage" table cell a thousand times and nothing happens. If I go to the iCloud preference pane on OS X it says that details aren't available for iCloud Storage. I'm going to assume iCloud is borked yet again. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do here?

I've always had nothing but problems with iCloud (and not just with 1password). I was once a proud Dropbox user, but their hiring of Condoleezza Rice made me leave. I am using WiFi Sync as a crutch in the meantime.

• Hi @dustinwilson‌,

So a restart fails, and you are unable to use Manage Storage to remove the iCloud data?

I’d like to have you reset the iCloud Documents & Data sync service. This will not remove any data. It simply tells the server to re-deliver the 1Password data to your devices.

• On your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
    • Click your account name in the upper-right corner of the page, then choose Account Settings.
    • Go to Advanced > Reset Documents & Data > Reset Documents and Data, then click Reset and wait for the reset process to complete.
    • When you're asked to restart your devices, shut down each device that is set up for iCloud documents and data, then restart.
    • Wait about 20 minutes, and then reconnect 1Password on each device to iCloud.

Let me know if that works. (The iOS 8 and Yosemite beta stuff I mentioned earlier does not apply to you, does it, Dustin?)

• dustinwilson
    dustinwilson
    Community Member
    Options

That did it! Thanks @chrisdj.

I do have a Yosemite install on an external drive, but I intentionally didn't set it up with iCloud because of all the changes it made. Could it have messed with it anyway?

• Hi @dustinwilson‌,

Glad that worked! And no, if you don't enable iCloud Drive on Yosemite or iOS 8, it doesn't change anything. But if you do enable it, it is a one way street. There's no going backwards.

This discussion has been closed.